This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Now that Town Table and Taphouse are officially no longer at our fingertips, where else should we turn? Yeah, we’ve been to those few restaurants on the strip next to campus, but what else is out there?

Surprisingly, Burlington, North Carolina is bringing the heat with some awesome food selections that are just a quick drive away.

Yella Bird Kitchen

This amazing new café will knock your socks off. The restaurant has a limited menu but a great selection of fresh and organic food. Their omeletes are a personal favorite of mine and the fresh ingredients make everyone come back for more.

Address: 3243 South Church St. Burlington, North Carolina 27215

Umami

Located right next to Yella Bird Kitchen, this hip and fun restaurant is great for a fun birthday dinner or just a casual dinner with the girls. Umami is a Japanese steakhouse and also offers fresh sushi. This restaurant is perfect for those of you who love exotic food and spices.

Address: 3263 South Church Street, Burlington, NC 27215

Da Vinci’s Table

Da Vinci’s Table is a delicious Italian restaurant that offers both Italian and American food. The service is superb and the atmosphere is both cozy and unique. They are famous for their pizza, spaghetti, and home made salads!

Address: 2260 South Church Street, Burlington, NC 27215

Grill 5.8.4

If you are looking for a place to go for parent’s weekend or for a nice dinner date, Grill 584 is the place for you. This upscale restaurant offers amazing steaks and sides that will keep your mouth salivating.

Address: 710 Huffman Mill Rd. Burlington, NC 27215

B. Christopher’s

B. Christopher’s is one of my favorite restaurants around the Elon campus because it reminds me of a restaurant from my hometown area. Similar to Grill 584, this restaurant is great for steak and their amazing frites. My favorite meal is a bowl of their onion soup with cheese.

Address: 2461 S Church St. Burlington, NC 27215

Mellow Mushroom

Yum, yum! Mellow Mushroom offers delicious pizza and is a really fun atmosphere for college students. Mellow Mushroom also does awesome profit shares for many sororities on campus. Come check out this restaurant for a quick bite to eat on a busy day.

Address: 767 Huffman Mill Rd. Burling, NC 27215

Not enough choices? Check out the awesome Yelp app for the iPhone that allows you to check out new restaurants around Elon and also allows you to rate and comment about the local restaurants near you!

My name is Tatum Pederson and I am a senior at Elon University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Digital Art. I am currently Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Elon and I am an Entertainment Editor for Elon University’s magazine, The Edge. This summer, I was an Entertainment Intern at Niche Media in New York City. I learned how to transcribe interviews, assist at photo shoots, and conduct research on various entertainment topics. Last year, I was an Art and Editorial Intern at ELLE Decor magazine. At this internship, I worked closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Michael Boodro. I edited a “Behind The Scenes” video for the September 2014 Online Shopping section and was also published in the October 2014 issue. Two summers ago, I was an Entertainment Intern for Pink and Black magazine. I researched and wrote numerous articles involving media and entertainment. I am an extremely organized and creative student with experience in both a fast-paced environment and the magazine industry.