This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Here are my top 5 picks for cruelty-free products that no one should go without:

Hair: 

OVERTONE has an amazing selection of dye products ranging in spectrums throughout the color wheel for all hair types for someone who loves to change up their style. OVERTONE is a company committed to promoting diversity, equity and social justice and is 100% vegan and cruelty-free. OVERTONE sells semi-permanent color depositing hair conditioners that result in vibrant and healthy salon-like hair for less commitment and money. As a brunette who has been bleach blonde for almost half my life, OVERTONE has helped my hair regenerate to its natural color and shine. OVERTONE even has a “brown hair” line for brunettes that does not require bleach or lightning for pigmented transformations. 

It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Product has quickly become a staple I use and recommend every day. It repairs dry, damaged hair, adds shine, detangles, controls frizz, stops hair breakage and acts like a flat iron spray and thermal protector. The company does not test their products or ingredients on animals, and according to “Cruelty-Free Kitty,” they don’t sell their products where animal testing is required by law. 

Skin:

For someone who struggles with acne, Paradox Lucky Stars Blemish Patches have saved my skin. Not only are they vegan and cruelty-free, but they are also paraben, sulfate, phthalate, aluminum and gluten-free. After experiencing a breakout, I cleanse my face and patch up problem areas, instantly seeing results in the morning. If there is one product on this list to take away from, these patches are magic! 

TRULY Purple Rain Facial Oil gets the job done fast for someone who wants healthy and glowing skin but doesn’t know where to start. TRULY is a clean beauty brand that sells all types of skincare, wellness and lifestyle products that use real vegan ingredients and do not test on animals. According to their website, this facial serum acts as a facial booster to promote a smoother and clearer complexion. The Purple Rain Facial Oil helps with scars, decoloration, fine lines and more. When paired with the Paradox blemish patches, your skin will be thanking you and begging for more.

Beauty:

The GrandeLASH-MD lash enhancing serum is a must-have product for someone looking to grow out their eyelashes without damage or commitment that comes from extensions. Grande Cosmetics is cruelty-free and certified by Peta. Although this product is on the pricier side, it works wonders, and those who incorporate it into their beauty regimen will be more than pleased with its results. 

Hi, I'm Kelly Meyer! I am from Long Beach, NY and am a current junior at Elon University with a major in Strategic Communications and a double minor in Digital Art and Environmental Education.