Style > Beauty

Clear Your Skin in 3 Simple Steps ft. Clinique Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Clear Skin, it’s what everyone wants and there’s nothing more difficult than keeping up a routine in college. I have tried everything throughout the years from drug store, high end, and dermatologist recommended products. These three steps have really helped me achieve the clear skin I have so desperately been working for. With extremely sensitive skin I have to be super careful about what I put on my face. Almost every drug store product I have tried has resulted in breakouts and allergic reactions. Luckily, I have finally discovered the perfect trio of products from Clinique to keep my skin clear. All three of these products are extremely gentle and cater to sensitive skin. This three step routine of Clinique products includes the Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam, Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator, and Pep Start Eye Cream.

Step 1: Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

This product is “extra gentle” and perfect for sensitive skin. This cleanser is a foam consistency making it super easy to wash your face with just one pump. This product consists of a non-irritating formula that lifts dirt and impurities, leaving your skin feeling fresh and smooth. Being someone who has struggled with acne I find that the best cleansers are the ones purely made to clean your skin rather than target acne. This cleansing foam is allergy tested and 100% fragrance free. Use this product twice a day for best results.

Step 2: Moisture Surge 72 Hour Auto-Replenishing Hydrator

The second I tried this product I was hooked. Essentially it is a moisturizer with a gel consistency that instantly cools and hydrates skin. This product is addictive. I hate moisturizers that lather on thick like a lotion, or spread too thin and feel as though they aren’t doing anything, this is the perfect balance. If you like a cool, hydrating finish and feeling on your face you will fall in love with this! This product actually helps your skin to create its own internal water source to continually rehydrate itself, later locking in that moisture for an endless healthy-looking glow. Quick Tip: Like all Clinique products a little goes a long way, I recommend not buying the full size. I bought a size smaller and I have been using it since June with still halfway to go! This multitasking formula can be used as a moisturizer, under makeup, and as a quick pick me up throughout the day.    

Step 3: Clinique Pep Start Eye Cream       

I don’t know about any of you but I struggle with the curse of under eye bags. That was until I found this product. There is no way to get enough sleep in college, it’s just not going to happen. Yes, concealer can cover up those dark circles but why put in the effort when you can incorporate an easy third step into this skin care routine. All throughout high school I never invested in an eye cream. Why? I do not know because I definitely walked around with bags causing me to look like I haven’t slept in days. Ever since I started using Pep Start that’s all changed. This product is so simple and easy to apply and you instantly see results. This eye cream is super lightweight and helps to brighten up your eyes. Pep start de-puffs eyes helping you to look wide awake, even if your running on only 4 hours of sleep. There will never be a time where I go back to a skin care routine without an eye cream. Apply anytime and anywhere, the small hand held packaging makes it easy for on the go. Personally I use Pep Start every night after cleansing and moisturizing my face.

As mentioned before a major benefit of Clinique products is that a little goes a long way. I have used the same bottles for months and they were worth every penny. Clinique is effective and affordable. The extra gentle cleansing foam retails for $21, a super inexpensive price for a large bottle of great product. The moisturizer can cost anywhere from $12 to $52 based on the size you prefer. This product honestly does last a long time, so start with the smaller container and try it out! It’ll last you a while, then you can repurchase or invest in a larger size. A good eye cream is something that can really damage your wallet, Pep Start does not even compare to some of those prices. Pep Start retails for $26.50. While this isn’t super cheap, you really are getting your money’s worth and will see a difference basically instantaneously. The amount of trial and error I have experienced with products caused me to think I would never find an easy and affordable cure, I was wrong. Clinique has really outdone themselves with their products and I can’t stress enough how much you should try them out. An easy and effective skin care routine, what else can someone ask for!

Hi! I'm Gabby and I am from Fairfield, CT. I'm currently a Junior at Elon University. Some of my interests include health and wellness, fitness, and food! I am on track to pursue a degree in Media Analytics.