This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Say hello to one outgoing girl! Claudia Ricotta is a sophomore here at Elon. She transferred to Elon after her freshman year, and says she “couldn’t be happier” about the way she has been welcomed on campus. When Claudia arrived she says she quickly found a group of friends here who made her feel as though she was at home on our campus, something she was worried about when deciding to transfer. 

Some quick facts about Claudia:

Favorite place to eat: Tangent or West End

Favorite place to study: the Great Hall

Favorite activity: going on mom walks with friends 

Favorite subject: marketing

In her free time Claudia tutors other students, and is deeply involved in her sorority on campus. She says the best thing about tutoring others is seeing how each peer grows and succeeds in their classes; something she finds exceedingly rewarding. In addition to tutoring and being involved in philanthropy, some of Claudia’s passions include fashion and the media— she’s constantly following celebs and trends on Instagram, in magazines and on TV. 

This summer Claudia will be in New York City, pursuing a marketing internship at First Protocol. First Protocol was named in the top 35 places to work in New York City, so she is psyched to be interning there as a rising junior. Claudia was born and raised in the city, but the thing she is most excited about this summer is having her friends there so she can “show them the ranks”. New York City is close to her heart because she’s so familiar with it, however she isn’t ruling out interning in other cities in the future. 

Claudia couldn’t be more happy that Elon was the school she chose to transfer to. She says that Elon has changed her college experience exponentially, and that she couldn’t imagine being on another campus now that she’s so comfortable here. If any transfer student is ever feeling a bit homesick, or wants to hear about someone who had a similar experience as a transfer student, Claudia is always available to talk or grab lunch. 

So look for Claudia on campus and give her a wave!