Campus Cutie: Mia Geswelli

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Mia Geswelli

Hometown: NJ

School/Year: Elon University, Senior

Major: Strategic Communications

Activities/Clubs: Her Campus Elon, Zeta Tau Alpha

What’s your favorite memory of your time at Elon?

It’s so hard to pick just one! Honestly, any time where my group of friends has been all together and just hanging out has been such a blast. We always have so much fun together. 

What’s your favorite place to eat in Burlington?

Anyone who knows me knows that I’m obsessed with the sandwiches at the co-op! I always get the Durham, but all of them are delicous!

Do you have any plans for after graduation?

After graduation, I’ll be heading to Italy with my family for a trip to the Amalfi Coast! After that, I’m going to start interviewing for jobs in New York City. I’d love to work in special events, casting, or marketing.

What will you miss most about Elon?

Besides the people, I’m really going to miss the beautiful campus. Sometimese it’s hard not to get emotional when I walk through campus knowing that I’ll only be here for another month!

My name is Tatum Pederson and I am a senior at Elon University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Digital Art. I am currently Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Elon and I am an Entertainment Editor for Elon University’s magazine, The Edge. This summer, I was an Entertainment Intern at Niche Media in New York City. I learned how to transcribe interviews, assist at photo shoots, and conduct research on various entertainment topics. Last year, I was an Art and Editorial Intern at ELLE Decor magazine. At this internship, I worked closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Michael Boodro. I edited a “Behind The Scenes” video for the September 2014 Online Shopping section and was also published in the October 2014 issue. Two summers ago, I was an Entertainment Intern for Pink and Black magazine. I researched and wrote numerous articles involving media and entertainment. I am an extremely organized and creative student with experience in both a fast-paced environment and the magazine industry.