Caitie Bell: A Pet Lover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Name: Caitie Bell

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Elon

Major/Minor: Communication Design (as of now)

Fun Fact: Her favorite food is jello because she relates to it on an emotional level.

FAVS

Favorite TV Show/Movie: This is Us

“I can’t even describe it to you. You have to watch it.”

Favorite part about Elon:

“The weather and being able to be outside. Great for photos whenever, especially at 1 in the morning.”

Favorite quote:

“We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.”

~Parks and Rec

QUESTIONS

What’s the most interesting thing about you?

“I really like photography and creating media content so I spend a lot of my time doing that. I have dual citizenship in Canada. My mom is Canadian and my dad is American.”

What are you involved with on campus?

InterVarsity

Campus Outreach

Runs the @eloncampuspets on instagram

How did @eloncampuspets start?

“Once upon a time, my mom followed me on Instagram.She looked at all my pictures and said, ‘Do you go to school? All your Instagram photos are just pictures of you with dogs.’ Which got me thinking. What if the pets you saw on Instagram were the same ones you saw walking around? It gives you a personal connection to your campus. So, I created Elon Campus Pets.

“We hibernated over the winter, but now we’re rebranding and looking to feature a lot of variety. Not just dogs, but other animals too. Some fish, some cats, any pet really.”

Follow @eloncampuspets on instagram for more!

Hello! My name is Camden Campe and I am a Creative Writing and Marketing double major at Elon University. I spend my free time doing homework (because let's face it, who doesn't?), reading as many books as I possibly can, watching Netflix (again, who doesn't?), going to Christian events, fencing (think Parent Trap if you are unsure of what that is), and writing for Her Campus and for my personal blog. Have you ever thought about how only 26 letters can evoke so much emotion when placed in the right order? Crazy, right?