The Blend & co: The Perfect Spot for Study Sessions or Coffee Dates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

I believe I fall into the typical stereotype for Elon students. I am over involved and always busy. Coffee and tea are must haves for me on my busy days. A few weekends ago, I discovered my new favorite coffee place near Elon’s campus, The Blend & co.

The Blend & co is an artisan coffee shop in Burlington, NC. It sits in the downtown area, next to other storefronts. When I first walked into The Blend & co, I immediately noticed the chic and comfortable aesthetic. It is a bright space, with an industrial look and trendy yet simplistic decor. Exposed brick covers one wall. The atmosphere is incredibly inviting and the staff was friendly and welcoming. There is a lot of seating, so there is plenty of options for doing work or homework. I chose to sit in one of the built in window seats, which had a nice view of the outdoor seating and greenery.

The menu features coffees, teas, blended supplements, pastries, smoothies and smoothie bowls. I ordered the Berry Raw bowl, which is vegan, paleo, gluten free and dairy free. I loved the bowl. It was fresh and filling. The pricing for smoothie bowls at The Blend & co was reasonable compared to bowls I have seen at other places.

I will be heading back to The Blend & co for studying, smoothies and coffee any day now. It’s the perfect place for students.

Brooke Galonek is studying Strategic Communications and Marketing at Elon University. She is on the Executive Team of Elon's chapter and has contributed by writing, planning events, and managing social media. Brooke is passionate about digital marketing, event planning, brand positioning, and market research. In the fall of 2019, she will be studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark.