This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Pucker up collegietes!  Winter blues got you down? Brighten up your drabby neutral winter wadrobe with a bold lip. There is no better way to make a statement this holiday season than with a daring shade. Here are the hues you need to stock up on this holiday season:    

Wine

Is red your go-to but you’re looking for a more holiday hue?  Switch it up with a wine-colored variation. This hue sticks to your traditional red and pink color family but adds a little more richness to your look. 

Tubes to try:

M.A.C. Mineralize Rich lipstick in “All Out Gorgeous”

Nars Sheer lipstick in “Fast Ride”

Plum/ Eggplant

Feeling bold? Try a purple-hued lip. Faded and dulled purples spice up any all black look or camel-colored sweater. Stick to more natural and lighter face make-up to let this color truly steal the show.

Tubes to try:

Yves Saint Laurent Beaute Rouge Pur Couture Mat Lipstick in Prune Avenue

Tom Ford Bruised Plum

Chocolate/Cinnamon

Love slicking on a bare, natural color? Crank it up a notch with a slightly darker variation of nude: chocolate. This will keep your look natural but with a bit more punch and sophistication.

Tubes to try:

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipcolor in Spicy Cinnamon

Tangerine

Marc Jacobs, Moschino, and Oscar de La Renta – tangerine has definitely made a splash the past runway seasons. This orange hue adds brightness and light to any outfit and face.

Tubes to try:

Sephora + Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango Cream

Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate Lipstick in 12

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balam in Oversized Orange

Blush Nude

A mixture of nude and a light pink is the throw-on shade. Add a pinch of color to your lips without drawing attention to a vibrant color.

Tubes to try:

Tom Ford Lip Color in Blush Nude

Nars Sheer Lipstick in Cruising

Tom Ford Lip Color in Spanish Pink

Now you are totally prepared for a spontaneous rendezvous under the mistletoe.