The Best Drinks for Cold Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

One of the best things about winter is the food and drinks. Not the alcoholic drinks Collegiettes! We’re talking about the drinks that make your mouth water, or simply make you smile on a cold winter day. Check out the best drinks during the coldest times of the year.

The Safe & Classic Move: Hot Chocolate

Ever since you were little, asking for a hot chocolate with extra marshmallow or whip cream was the go-to move. Who doesn’t love hot chocolate? Personally, it’s one of our favorite warm drinks for the winter. Who wants frozen yogurt on a 30-degree night? Not us. We crave a warm cup of chocolate love with our favorite dessert, aka marshmallows. Our favorite place to get hot chocolate is home (yes homemade); we love the rich and creamy flavor of the homemade hot chocolate and also love that we can have all control, which is such a plus!

The “Girliest” of All: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Whether on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, Pumpkin Spice Lattes rule the social media world. We don’t know what it is, but girls (including us) obsess over this fall drink. Pumpkin Spice Lattes can turn a week around, and girls come running after them almost every day during the fall and winter seasons. Pumpkin spice lattes are made with espresso, pumpkin-flavored syrup and steamed milk. They are then topped with sweetened whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices.

A Sweet Surprise: Vanilla Chai Latte

Vanilla Chai Lattes are one of Dunkin Donuts’ signature drinks. The creamy and rich blend of milk, coffee, and goodness can be comfortingly sweet during the coldest of days. Dunkin Donuts suggests to even match this warm drink up with a perfect complement, a warm muffin. This drink is perfect for the morning or late afternoon to keep your day going. Lattes can be made differently wherever you go, so make sure to try all of the different blends and flavors!

Festivity in a Cup: Spiced Hot Apple Cider

The holiday season craves warm, festive drinks. Whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving, Hanukah, Christmas, or even the happiness of a Sunday dinner, this drink is perfect for any occasion. Cinnamon and apples are the perfect combination for the chillier days, they offer you the perfect amount of sweet and tangy and are both ingredients that compliment each other. Check out your local cafes for this awesome treat, or even look up some simple recipes online!

My name is Tatum Pederson and I am a senior at Elon University majoring in Journalism and minoring in Digital Art. I am currently Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Elon and I am an Entertainment Editor for Elon University’s magazine, The Edge. This summer, I was an Entertainment Intern at Niche Media in New York City. I learned how to transcribe interviews, assist at photo shoots, and conduct research on various entertainment topics. Last year, I was an Art and Editorial Intern at ELLE Decor magazine. At this internship, I worked closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Michael Boodro. I edited a “Behind The Scenes” video for the September 2014 Online Shopping section and was also published in the October 2014 issue. Two summers ago, I was an Entertainment Intern for Pink and Black magazine. I researched and wrote numerous articles involving media and entertainment. I am an extremely organized and creative student with experience in both a fast-paced environment and the magazine industry.