burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Wearable Trends from NYFW Fall 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

New York Fashion Week has left the building! The weeklong spectacle of fall fashion—hailed as the premier presentation for top designers far and wide—has left many of us eager to jump on the trends. Check out this breakdown of the most wearable NYFW Fall 2015 trends!

1. Crown Jewels

It’s official—embellishment is IN for fall! Designers presented quite an array of embellishment styles this year, favoring understated jewels and cool metallic accents! Not only can modest embellishment add flair to your outfit, but it can easily transition from day to night!

Gigi Hadid at NYFW in Tory Burch

Polo Ralph Lauren Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

2. Fringe-Worthy

NYFW proved that the current 70’s craze rocking the fashion world shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon! Fringe was ubiquitous on the runways, and is surprisingly versatile for all seasons! For the most understated and fashion-forward look, aim for one fringe piece, and keep the rest of your outfit simple!

Rebecca Minkoff Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

Elizabeth and James Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

3. Friend or Faux Fur 

Lending itself to the cooler seasons, fur is THE fabric for those who wish to keep warm and look chic! This year, designers at NWFW reinterpreted the fabric—revealing a new trend of chromatic fur styles and unexpected fur accents (not to worry, the traditional fur favorites aren’t going anywhere any time soon!).

J. Crew Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

Kate Spade New York Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

4. 50 Shades of Red

From Zac Posen to Oscar de la Renta, NYFW set the tone with a rather seductive and powerful color preference for fall. From lavish gowns, to brightly hued pieces juxtaposed against neutral-toned fabrics, designers did not shy away from painting the town red! Choose brighter shades for those special occasions, and muted tones, like Burgundy, for casual wear!

Tibi Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

Zac Posen Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

5. Orange is the New Black

The color orange made quite an impression at NYFW as well! The runways revealed a strong trend of eye-popping hues, like Tangerine, and the resurgence of fall favorites, like burnt orange. This universally warming color looks especially flattering when worn as an accessory or statement piece! 

Prabal Gurung Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

6. Under the Leather

NYFW also put the spotlight on cold-weather favorites such as leather leggings, jackets, and ankle boots! Feeling daring? Try leather pieces in NYFW-worthy shades like Marsala, or perhaps a textured black leather jacket!

Calvin Klein Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

Vivienne Tam Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

7. Button-Down the Hatches

Looking to spruce up your winter coat collection? Be on the look out for one of the biggest fashion trends come fall—tailored coats! From Banana Republic to Philip Lim, designers went wild over the menswearesque outerwear style for their new collections. Take advantage of current end-of-season markdowns and snag this style before fall’s arrival! 

Banana Republic Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

Victoria Beckham Fall 2015 Ready-to-Wear

Source: Style.com

Sarah is a senior at Elon University studying International Studies and Economics. In addition to being a BuzzFeed enthusiast, she enjoys hanging out with friends/family and staying on top of the latest fashion trends.