5 Ways to Stay Organized in the Beginning of the School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Back to school is here and it feels like summer was nothing but a dream. I don’t know about you but it feels like just yesterday I was strolling down Elon’s beautiful campus and now we’re back for a brand new year. If you’re anything like me, a new school year means a new beginning. New books, new pencils, new shoes (of course) and last but not least, a new start.

Here are five tips on how to start your school year off on the right foot and how to stay organized these first couple weeks of school!

1.     Be proactive. We all know that Elon students tend to be very involved on Elon’s campus. So why not try something you’ve never done before? Join a sports club, join an organization, do something that you’ve always wanted to do. You won’t regret it.

2.     Buy a planner. Regardless of how busy or not busy you are this semester, staying organized from the get-go is a great way to kick off the school year! Writing down major events, trips, and assignments you have is a good way to see your schedule in advanced.

3.     Check out your syllabus and start marking your calendars for big tests, projects or presentations! Looking ahead can sometimes be scary but trust me; it’s a great way to be on top of your workload.

4.     Don’t stress. Although you may be stressed with all of your new classes this semester, try to just relax and enjoy these first couple of weeks. If you find yourself getting way ahead of yourself, take a deep breath and try not to worry, (it’s only September).

5.     Talk with your friends. Nothing gets me through the day more than chatting with my friends. If you find yourself getting stressed or overwhelmed, take a study break, and go hang out with your friends. Grab a bite to eat, hit the gym together or watch Netflix in bed with your friends, they will be sure to make you happy and help you de-stress!

Okay collegiates, now that you know how to stay organized, you are all prepared to rock this school year!

Nicole Appleby is a sophmore at Elon University majoring in Strategic Communications and minoring in Professional Writing.