Career

5 Ways to Get Your Coffee Fix at Elon on a College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Let’s be real, as college students, it is a constant struggle to keep our bank accounts at a place that isn’t terrifying. Though, the caffeine addiction is real and sometimes you just need to give into the craving and treat yourself! There are lots of options to work around the pricey lattes and frappuccinos that will satisfy your caffeine fix as well as your wallet. Read below to learn about some substitutions you could implement in your next order at Elon’s prized coffee shops.

Tip #1:

To get the most for your money, ask for a size up on the cup for your order so you won’t have to dump any coffee to add in the milk or cream!

At Elon: Both Oak House and Irazu have lots of options for cream/milk to put in your

coffee, but you don’t want to sacrifice the good stuff! Ask for a size up!

Tip #2:

If you’re an iced coffee fanatic, buy a hot coffee at the cafe and save it in the fridge for later. Hot coffee often comes cheaper than iced!

At Elon: Depending on where you are on campus, stop by a coffee shop any

afternoon and save it for the next morning! Irazu is especially convenient for on

campus students since it’s located in the heart of Moseley.

Tip #3: If you’re willing to try a new form of caffeine aside from your coffee staple, try an iced tea. Often tea is priced much lower than your favorite coffee drinks.

At Elon: Oak House, Irazu, and The Acorn offer lots of different tea options. Don’t

forget about Argo Tea in Global Commons! They have so many yummy tea options

and offer +7 and Block swipes!

Tip #4:

If you can’t give up your favorite iced latte, ask for it with light ice which means you’ll get more coffee for your dollar!

At Elon: Both Oak House and Irazu can make some mean lattes, but my absolute

favorite is the almond milk latte from Oak House shhh :)

Tip #5:

A way to get around your favorite but pricey latte, is by ordering an americano and adding in the milk yourself! That’s saving at least a $1.50 right there!

At Elon: Lattes at all three coffee locations on campus are close to $5, so you’ll want to

save as much as you can to put towards your next coffee order!

Photo

Emma Trimbur is studying Strategic Communications at Elon Univeristy. She is from Pittsburgh, PA and is thrilled about the opportunity to be writing for HerCampus. It is such an awesome experience to contribute to a platform with awesome girls from around the country!