This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Reuniting with family, cuddling by the fire, and enjoying homemade foods… It’s Thanksgiving season! Yes, a traditional holiday is nice, but with ever-so-trendy Pinterest overflowing with Thanksgiving DIYs there’s no better time than now to explore your creative side. Spice up your holiday by trying out these 5 cute and easy Thanksgiving DIYs!

The Thankful Tablecloth

Make your Thanksgiving meal interactive and memorable with the Thankful Tablecloth. Instead of using that expensive, age-old tablecloth that everyone was secretly worried about ruining, try this idea. Buy an inexpensive tablecloth, give everyone Sharpie, and have each person write down what they’re thankful for… right on the tablecloth! It’s easy, fun and reflects the true meaning of Thanksgiving. But the fun doesn’t stop there! The Thankful Tablecloth is a tradition. Use it every year and watch your gratitude grow.

Spray-Painted Pumpkins

Cheap, easy, and adorable: spray-painted pumpkins are the perfect Thanksgiving DIY! After all, craft stores are basically giving away pumpkin decorations at this time of year. So, head down to your local craft store, grab some pumpkins, spray paint, and push-pins, and get crafting! Gold and silver are the most popular colors for this craft, but the possibilities are endless! Use push-pins to add detail to your décor. If you’re feeling ambitious, try word detailing. Assort your push-pins to read “Joy” or “Thanks.”

Pinecone Nametag Holders

Why purchase nametag holders when you already have them in your backyard? Pinecones are Mother Nature’s nametag holder! They’re authentic, they smell good, and (most importantly) they’ll look fabulous on top of your Thankful Tablecloth! Place a nametag in the crevices of the pinecone and voila! You have yourself an all-natural nametag holder!

Mini Cornucopias

You didn’t think we were going to neglect the leading symbol of Thanksgiving, did you? Of course not! Cornucopias, as a symbol of abundance and nourishment, are traditionally filled with produce, flowers, and other edibles. To recreate this figure all you need are ice cream cones, mini candies, plastic wrap, and rubber bands! Fill your cone with candy, wrap it up, and pass it out for a yummy treat!

Pumpkin Pie Latte

I’m sure you’re exhausted from DIYing all day, so curl up by the fire and enjoy this DIY Pumpkin Pie Latte recipe.

Ingredients: 2 cups of milk, 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin, 2 tablespoons of sugar, ½ teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, ½ cup of hot brewed coffee

Now that you have some ideas, get DIYing! If you’re feeling frustrated by these crafts just remember that these are Do-it-yourself projects. In other words, there are no rules! These projects can be whatever you want them to be. Plus, it’s good to work out the kinks now. After all, the ultimate DIY season is right around the corner… Christmas!