This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Summer means warmer weather, fun times with friends and family, beach trips, and most importantly yummy treats! This comprehensive list will help you make the BEST summer desserts that you won’t regret.

1. Key Lime Pie – This refreshing and delicious pie will satisfy your sweet tooth and anyone who is lucky enough to try it! This recipe has a homemade crust, but if you’re feeling lazy (like me) you can buy a premade store-bought graham cracker crust to save you some time! After a summer barbeque, this light and tangy dessert is sure to cleanse your palette and give you that sweet something you need. 

2. Homemade Peach Ice Cream – There is nothing better than ice cream after a long, hot summer day. Sometimes though, chocolate flavors can be too heavy. This is the perfect solution if you want a fun activity and a refreshing peach flavor that will satisfy your need for ice cream. You can use an ice cream maker which will make this easy! This one will take some planning because you have to freeze it, but the results will be SO worth it. 

3. Strawberry and Cream Mini Parfaits – These parfaits are the perfect addition to any barbeque. They’re light, airy, and t refreshing. Sometimes after a long day, you just need a light sweet treat, and this is the perfect dessert for that. If you don’t want to make your own whipped cream, that’s fine! You can use store-bought whipped cream or if you’re dairy-free, coconut or almond milk whipped cream!

4.  Root Beer Floats – This is one of the easiest desserts to make, all you need is root beer and ice cream! If you’re dairy-free you can use milk-alternative ice cream and if you don’t like to have a ton of sugar, you can use zero sugar root beer! This tasty treat will transport you back to your childhood 一 you’ll love it just as much as you did as a kid. This will take you less than 5 minutes and will satisfy you for much longer!

5. S’mores – This might be the most classic summer dessert.. There is nothing better than enjoying s’mores around a fire surrounded by family and friends. While this doesn’t need a recipe, you can always take your s’more to the next level and try using Reese’s! Eating a s’more will make you think of all the fun times you had as a child and is always delicious, no matter how old you get or how much you change. 

Hi my name is Caitlin Hogge! I live in Westfield, New Jersey and am currently a Junior at Elon University. I'm majoring in Strategic Communications and minoring in Political Science.