4 Ways to Jumpstart Your Holiday Cheer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Oh yes, I know, it is still Halloween season, however, it is no secret that November 1st marks the unofficial start of the holiday season. With only a few short weeks separating us from Thanksgiving break and just a few more after that before Christmas and Hanukkah, it’s not too early to start celebrating. Here are a few simple ways you can start getting into the spirit around campus.

1. Food

While we’ve all divulged in more than a few PSL’s already this fall, there’s a wealth of food that will make your tummy sing and your spirit soar before the holidays. One of the most popular and versatile holiday foods to start incorporating is cranberries. You can use them in anything from cocktails to desserts. A sweet dish that reminds us of our favorite holiday can be all it takes to get in the spirit.

2. Decorations

Want to add some cheer around your dorm or apartment? Go ahead, put up some fun turkey decorations or even some twinkly lights. Another easy way to be reminded of the upcoming holidays every day is chalkboard art. Using a cheap chalkboard and some sidewalk chalk, you can make endless joyful designs that will keep your cheer at a high throughout the rest of the semester.

3. Festivities

Hay rides aren’t just for Halloween. Pumpkin picking, corn mazes, hay rides, and more can keep you in the fall spirit all the way through Thanksgiving. After that, transition into some light festivals, Elon’s own Luminaries event, or even going out to hear some holiday music. Whatever ups your cheer, se sure to indulge.

4. Friends & Family

With so much going on, it can be hard to focus on the most important part of the holidays: spending time with our loved ones. Whether its friends, family, or even those in need, the focus of our holiday cheer should always be the people around us. Spending more time with them in the upcoming weeks will definitely make you feel more cheerful and start your transition into the holidays.

Just a small town girl, living in the Elon bubble. Lattes, books, and Netflix are my thing.