10 Ways to Be a Better You this Spring!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

The flowers are blooming, birds are chirping and girls are strolling around campus with their favorite pair of sandals excited for springtime to roll around. Sunny and 75, it’s practically every girl’s favorite time of the year, and everyone knows what that means: spring-cleaning. I’m not talking about the ordinary dusting and cleaning out your closet – I’m talking about cleaning yourself up to be a better you for this upcoming spring!

Here are ten ways to be a better you!

1. Springtime is the best time to be outside and enjoy the beaming sun that shines down on Elon’s beautiful campus. Enjoy a “mom” walk with your friends and not only enjoy each other’s company, but also enjoy the weather during this beautiful time of the year!

2. With the weather heating up, its important to stay hydrated throughout your day. Carry around a water bottle with you and make sure to drink lots of water!

3. Who doesn’t love going out into the wilderness and exploring what nature has to offer? Okay well maybe not the “wilderness” exactly, but take a trip to a nearby trail and take a hike with some of your friends! It’s a great way to exercise and enjoy the outdoors!

4. Why not look fabulous and feel trendy with vibrant nail polish colors for the springtime! Try a new nail polish color that you wouldn’t normally try!

*Tip: Try this years spring hot colors by Essie, which include bright neon colors, light blues, and magenta! Names include: “Hide and Go Chic,” “Style Hunter,” and “Truth or Flare.”

5. With the warm weather approaching, dig out your favorite sundress in your closet and wear it to class or just to go hang out with your friends. After being stuck in big sweaters and boots all winter, who doesn’t want to feel cute and confident in a floral sundress!

6. Springtime is the perfect time to pick up a new skill or hobby. With Elon’s diverse campus, you can be introduced to many different things and become involved with a different organization or activity to keep yourself busy this spring! For example, try crafting for your room for the spring or start a blog and let yourself write about anything you have on your mind.

7.  Let’s be honest, we all use it and we can’t seem to get away from it. The monster we all love to hate…social media. For a weekend or even just one day try to escape from social media and enjoy the weather and the company of your friends.

8. Who doesn’t love eating and feeling healthy? Go to a local grocery store and buy healthy ingredients to make yourself a nice homemade dinner for you and your friends. You can make a healthy dinner and nothing tastes better than a home cooked meal!

9. With all of the busy schedules as college students, we often don’t find the time to read a book that we enjoy. Read a book for pleasure. With the warm weather approaching, you can even sit outside. This will allow you to relax and have some fun!

10. Last but not least, SMILE!

Nicole Appleby is a sophmore at Elon University majoring in Strategic Communications and minoring in Professional Writing.