This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Guess what ladies? March is just around the corner, which means that spring break is only a few weeks away! 

Now that you’ve made your exciting plans to tropical destinations, take a look at some of the essentials you’ll need before you hit the beach. 

Vintage Sunnies

These Skylar sunglasses from Urban Outfitters are a vintage chic must. 

Flirty Floppy Hat

This floppy straw hat from Nordstrom is too cute! It’s simple and will go with any bathing suit you wear.

Sundress

A sundress makes an easy and effortlessly adorable outfit, this one from Brandy Melville is simple yet has a unique cut-out back. 

Bathing Suit

A new suit is a must to show off that bikini body you’ve worked for all winter! I’m obsessed with Triangl’s new line featuring fun and bright color combinations. 

Beach Tote

A bag to carry around all these essentials must be cute. This tote from Victoria Secret Pink is tropical and cute!

Wedges

Show off those tan and toned legs in these Franco Sarto Collette Wedge Sandals.  Since they’re a simple and neutral color, you can wear these adorable cork wedges all week. 

Sunscreen

Don’t forget to protect your skin to avoid disease and burns. I love this Neutrogena spray that protects your skin even while wet. This particular one is SPF 30 but higher levels are available too!

A Good Book

Vacation is about letting go of stress. Reading a good book will allow you to enter another world and leave behind all of your worries. I recently read John Green’s novel Paper Towns and fell in love with it! The book is also being turned into a movie featuring model Cara Delevingne as the main actress. 

Tumbler

Staying hydrated is incredibly important when you’re spending your days sunbathing and being active on the beach. This Lily Pulitzer tumbler is sweet and the perfect beach companion. If you’re not a huge fan of regular water, add some lemon for taste to ensure you’re drinking!

Lip Balm

Nothings worse then spending a perfect day at the beach and then coming home to find out you’re lips are dry and burnt. Forgetting to apply lip balm won’t be possible with these sweet smelling lip balm from EOS.