Things to do if You are Stuck at Home Over Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Spring break is one of the most anticipated breaks for college students. Why? For some college girls, this is their last break before summer. For others, spring break means some well needed rest after studying all semester. I know people who take vacations during spring break, so that is always something to look forward to! Lastly, for my go-getter friends, spring break means work work work. You go girl!

1. Spend Time with Family

It’s important to reconnect with your family while you are home. I’m certain that they have missed you dearly and want to know all about what you’ve been doing since they last saw you. So, please do fill them in! Make sure you get all the updates on your family, who has been doing what and essentially all the family news you need to know. Take the time to do something special with them. This may be in the form of your hangout traditions, or doing something new. Whatever it may be, have a wonderful time and let your family know how much you love and appreciate them.

2. Visit Friends from Home

It always feels great to see people you’ve been friends with forever. Realize that their life may have changed a lot since you last saw them, so be prepared to handle these changes. They may not be exactly the same since you knew them before, but they are still your friend. Make sure you allott a decent amount of time to spend with them–I’m sure you will both have a lot to catch up on.

3. Visit your Grandparents or Relatives Nearby

Grandparents absolutely love having information to brag about. They want everyone to know how special their granddaughter is. So, if you don’t feel comfortable expressing all your incredible accomplishments to your family and friends do tell your grandparents! They will be so happy to see you, and if you’re lucky maybe they will bake or cook you a special meal or treat that you love. You and your grandparents will have a different type of relationship than you do with your immediate family. Enjoy that!

Local relatives should be another stop you want to make while you’re home. Maybe you have some adorable little cousins that you want to see, or a really awesome aunt or uncle that you like talking to. Regardless, if you have the time, visit them! People generally love seeing their family and I’m sure you’ll have a lot of stories to share. So, share away!

4. Do Something Fun

One of the best things about coming home is the ability to just feel comfortable in your own home. There are so many familiar items and nearby locations. Take the time to go or do something that you love. This may be visiting a local bakery, going to a bookstore, eating at a delicious deli or relaxing at home watching movies or coloring. You can do these things with others, or just take some time to de-stress and have you time. Whatever you decide make sure you’re having a wonderful time!

5. Take Time to Re-organize your Homework

This is probably going to be your least favorite part of break. But, as we all know, keeping on top of your homework is essential. While you have some time to yourself, look over upcoming assignments and exams to make sure that you are prepared and have the materials you need. Write down anything you might have missed on your calendar. Map out what you need to accomplish over break. Taking the time to organize your work will save you a lot of  stress and chaos.

Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.