This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Hello ladies! I hope that everyone is having a fantastic week! This week I wanted to write about the Super Bowl since we all know that it is this Sunday. Whether you’ve watched every game or are picking a team based on its team color here are a few ways to make it a great weekend for you and your friends.

Here are some fun facts about the teams. And what you need to know about the 2018 Super bowl:

2018 Super bowl

• The Super bowl will be in Minnesota at the U.S. Bank Stadium.

• The game starts at 6:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

• You can watch the game on NBC with hosts Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels.

• Justin Timberlake is this year’s Halftime show artist.

Philadelphia Eagles

• Their home stadium is Lincoln Financial Field.

• The quarterback, Carson Wentz is currently unable to play due to a tear in his ACL.

• Nick Foles will play as the quarterback in the Super bowl.

• Eagles have won 17 games to 5 losses.

New England Patriots

• Their home stadium is Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

• Their quarterback is Tom Brady.

• The Patriots have won 16 games to 6 losses.

• They used to be called the Boston Patriots.

How to Prepare for the Weekend:

1. Have a Hangout at Your Place

Make sure to plan ahead and get enough food and drinks to suffice your friends. Pizza is an easy go to football party food. If you want to try something new and fun, go to Pinterest and find an easy party treat to make yourself. Make football cookies, or color-themed cookies. Add a bit of healthy foods to your menu by buying some fruit and veggies. Don’t waste your money buying the pre-made trays, it’s simple and relaxing to make them yourself. Be aware of any gluten free friends needs or allergies! You can either check with your guests in advance or plan for some variation of a restricted diet.

2. Prepare for Loud Cheering

Please girls, be aware of loud guests! Football, or any sport really tends to evoke strong emotions, usually resulting in the cheering and screaming. Make sure that if you have nearby neighbors if you live off campus that they will be okay with you and your friends loud cheering. Most likely this won’t be issue, but just check in case. To minimize the noise, make sure that you shut all doors to try and keep the noise in your house.

3. Have fun

Obviously, the most important thing is to have fun! Go all out wearing all your team’s sportswear, or just sit back and hangout with your friends. Whether you’re exceedingly competitive or a laid-back person, enjoy your evening. Good luck girls!

Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.