This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

As the weather continues to get colder and drier, it can have a major effect on your skin. That’s why skincare is tremendously important in the later fall and winter months. However, skincare products can be expensive, and no one wants to spend $100 on moisturizer, especially broke college students like us. That doesn’t mean there aren’t quality products out there for a very reasonable price, so here’s a few suggestions on some cheap skincare products that you should be using!

Cleanser

The first step in your skincare routine, cleanser is there to clear out all the dirt and dead skin that your face has accumulated during the day. My personal favorite cleanser is Soap & Glory Face Soap and Clarity Facial Wash, which you could buy for about $12. The cleanser usually lasts for quite a while, always leaves your face feeling vibrant and smells amazingly minty. There’s also CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser, which is great for people with more sensitive skin. These cleansers can be found for around $10 and will leave your face feeling squeaky clean.

Toner

Toners should be applied to your face after cleansing to clean up any extra impurities left behind. One of the most talked about toners, for good reason, is Thayers Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner, which you could purchase for around $9. You can get the toner in lavender, coconut water, cucumber, lemon, original and rose petal, which is definitely the most popular option. Another great option for toner is Pixi Glow Tonic, which costs a little more at $15, but is definitely worth it. The Glow Tonic will leave your face looking bright and refreshed and, despite the bottle looking small, lasts a very long time.

Serum

Serums are very helpful in the colder months as they help your face hold in moisture more. However, face serums are something that require a little bit of individual research, since they are often very specific to people’s personal skincare needs. There are many brands that offer a wide range of products for cheap, such as Burt’s Bees, which run around $20 each, Neutrogena, which is also about $20, and No7, which is usually around $19.

Facial Moisturizer

In order to restore all that moisture on your face, you’ll need moisturizer. Facial moisturizers are common and range in purpose, but I’m a huge fan of Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple Moisturizer. It’s very lightweight and smells amazing, plus it’s good for just about all skin types. It can get a little on the pricier side, though, at $25 a bottle, but it is most definitely worth it. If you still wanted to go for a cheaper option, Pacifica’s Crystal Youth Face Lotion is one of just a few of their brand’s great moisturizers and only costs about $14. Yes To also has a lot of great moisturizers for a reasonable price. My personal favorite is their Superbluberries DIY Moisturizing Parfait, which will leaving your face smelling like blueberries, that costs around $15, but they also have Cotton Comforting Facial Moisturizer, Coconut Ultra Hydrating Facial Souffle Moisturizer and Cucumbers Soothing Daily Calming Moisturizer, all for about the same price.

Face Masks

Face masks are usually not a daily thing, like the rest of your skincare products, but they can still be used to help rejuvenate and hydrate your skin. First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask is a great mask to use to repair both dryness and redness and will only cost you about $24 for 2 oz. I’m also a huge fan of Lush products, and they have quite a few face masks for reasonable prices. I adore their Cup o’ Coffee mask, which smells just like fresh-brewed coffee and helps exfoliate and remove all the dry, dead skin from your face, and all for only about $12 for 5.2 oz.

Skincare is definitely something that works differently for everyone, so, by all means, be sure to do some research into your skin type, and the types of products that are best for you. All of the brands and products listed above, though, have amazing skincare products for equally amazing prices, so everyone will be able to find something just right for them.

Allison Hauser

Elizabethtown '19

Allison is a senior communications major with a film studies minor at Elizabethtown College.
Rebecca Easton

Elizabethtown '19

Rebecca Easton is a senior at Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania. She is currently studying English with a concentration in professional writing, and is pursuing a double minor in communications and business administration. Her primary interests in these fields include social media marketing, web writing and creative writing. She currently works for the Elizabethtown College Center for Student Success as a writing tutor, for Admissions as a tour guide and for the Office of Marketing and Communications. In her spare time, Rebecca enjoys writing, singing, and reading.