This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Happy Valentine’s Day, my lovely ladies! It is time for romance, fun and quality time with your special boy! Put your final holiday X’s and O’s on your letters and let’s brainstorm some enjoyable date ideas for you and your valentine.

Dress Up (or Not) and Go Out for a Dinner Date

Going for a romantic dinner is a classic, and one I am particularly enamored with. But, depending on your personality and interests, you may not want to go out to a fancy restaurant all dressed up. Luckily for you, there are a plethora of options available! Try something completely new, like sushi. Or you can go to a local family diner, grab some pizza, spice it up with Mexican cuisine or go to Rome and back by visiting a delicious Italian restaurant. No matter where you decide to go whether it is your first visit or your hundredth, remember to smile and just have a lovely time with your love.

Make a Dinner for Two at Your Place

Why not try to make a special dinner for Valentine’s Day? Pick a type of food that you both enjoy, go to the store and buy all the necessary ingredients and enjoy cooking for two! We’ve all seen those super romantic movies where the guy and girl make a meal together and it ends up either delicious or a real mess. No worries girls, that is why we have cell phones! Make sure to have your favorite restaurant on speed dial.

Go Ice Skating

This is a great excuse to dress warm and cozy while wearing your adorable hat, scarves and crocheted mittens. Ice skating may be a wonderful way to get out of your comfort zone, while holding hands sweetly with your valentine. Try gliding or at least walking on the ice, get some exercise and have a night full of laughs!

Have a Game Night

Why not bring back some of your favorite board games? Who doesn’t love a good mystery like Clue, or a good laugh with Apples to Apples (this would require a group of friends). Some colleges even have games you can “rent,” so take advantage of it. Or, if you want something that involves a little more action, try a video game, ping pong, pool or foosball. Be competitive if you would like; put your game face on!

Plan a Surprise Night

Who doesn’t love a sweetly planned surprise? Take your significant other on a mapped out journey of your love story. If the place that you first met is too far away, do not worry, you can improvise. Even if you’re not the most artistic person, you can draw or recreate a memory mobile. Your valentine is sure to recognize your excellent memory and thoughtful surprise. You can also recount favorite times, unique phrases or references that only your significant other will get! However you decide to plan your February 14th is up to you. Have fun and remind your guy why you love and appreciate him!

Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.