This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Fall is upon us, which means that it is time for apple cider, pumpkin spice everything, sweaters, and fall eyeshadow palettes. Warm-toned eye looks, with beautiful golden hues decorating the eyes of beautiful people everywhere. Personally, I wear warm tones pretty much all year round; however, I can appreciate a good cool-toned eye. Today however, I will be focusing my attention to the palettes that scream fall.There are beautiful fall palettes everywhere; especially, since warm-tones eyeshadows are very in right now. This means that companies are releasing these lovely palettes that will make great additions to your makeup collection. I have some recommendations of palettes that I love for fall. Both the drugstore and high-end stores.

Drug Store Recommendations

My first set of recommendations will come from the drugstore, because I love finding a good deal. Being able to get the best eye look on a budget is the ultimate goal for a woman.

The Milani “Gilded Desires” eyeshadow palette is absolutely gorgeous and comes with amazing metallic shades. The left side of the palette contains amazing golds and copper shades that will really accent all eye colors beautifully. The right side of the palette is more cool-toned and still has gorgeous shades that will make a fall eye look pop. However, the downside to this palette is that it does not contain a lot of matte shades. There are two in the upper left side of the two sections and the rest are metallic which means this will probably need to be a partner palette to another palette.

Another drugstore recommendation is from Makeup Revolution, and it is their “Rose Gold Chocolate Bar Palette”. This can be considered a dupe for the Huda Beauty “Rose Gold” palette and is much cheaper. It is full of warm tones and has gorgeous shimmer shades, and very blendable mattes. The bright cranberry shade in the palette calls my name and will probably become a favorite.

One last palette from the drugstore is the Colourpop “Yes Please” palette, which features beautiful warm-toned eyeshadows. Colourpop has a very pigmented formula and the shadows feel so creamy to the touch. They can sometimes be a bit tough to blend; however, overall, I love using this palette. The shimmery bronze shade on the left of the second row is my favorite and will accent a fall eye look nicely. There are also several high-end eyeshadow palettes that deserve a shout out.

High-End Recommendations

Eyeshadow palettes are one piece of makeup where I feel okay with spending a bit of extra money. Eyeshadow palettes are my favorite piece of makeup in my collection and I tend to collect them, even if the ones I get look like other ones I already have.

One of my favorites, which is a little controversial, is the Anastasia Beverly Hills “Subculture” palette. There are some lovely warm, deep shades, but also, they have deep, vampy shades. My two favorite shades are “Dawn,” a light matte tan shade, and “Adorn,” a very metallic bronze shade. “Adorn” is very beautiful shade that screams fall, I love wearing it all over my lid and just some light crease work. The shadows are very powdery and very pigmented so tapping off your brush before using it can help with blending.

Another great fall palette is the “Gingerbread Spice” palette by Too Faced. Too Faced shadow quality is incredible, and this palette is no different, also the color choices are wonderful and very put together. Gold and cranberry toned shades really make me excited for fall.

Last but certainly not least is the Urban Decay “Naked Heat” palette, which is by far the warmest palette I’ll talk about. All the gorgeous orange and bronze shades will make the best warm-tones smoky eye you have ever seen. These palettes in my opinion are worth the money, they have amazing quality and they are extremely gorgeous. My favorite way to wear these fall colors will be in a gorgeous warm-toned smokey eye with all the bronzes, golds, and cranberries I can find. I can’t wait to start putting all of my fall looks together and sharing my looks with the world.

Kaylyn Gordon

Elizabethtown '21

Hello, my name is Kaylyn and I am a student at Elizabethtown College studying Environmental Science.
Rebecca Easton

Elizabethtown '19

Rebecca Easton is a senior at Elizabethtown College in Pennsylvania. She is currently studying English with a concentration in professional writing, and is pursuing a double minor in communications and business administration. Her primary interests in these fields include social media marketing, web writing and creative writing. She currently works for the Elizabethtown College Center for Student Success as a writing tutor, for Admissions as a tour guide and for the Office of Marketing and Communications. In her spare time, Rebecca enjoys writing, singing, and reading.