This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Look good. Feel good. Do good.

Products from these social-conscious beauty brands will benefit more than just your beauty routine.

Maya Chia

Maya Chia is a clean beauty line founded by Susanne Norwitz in 2014. All Maya Chia products are made with oil extracted from tiny chia seeds, an ingredient that is well-regarded by the Maya people of Central and South America.

According to the Nutritional Science Research Institute, chia seeds contain the highest concentration of essential antioxidant of any botanical source, making them the perfect ingredient to use to make facial and body oils. Chia seeds also are an excellent source of omegas, vitamins and minerals.

Maya Chia’s mission is to give back to the Maya people who discovered the many health benefits of chia thousands of years ago. A percentage of Maya Chia’s net profits are donated to charitable organizations that help build schools and farms for the Maya people.

GiveScent

This fragrance line of natural almond oil-based rollerballs features a scent for everyone – from GIVESCENT Orange with a blend of grapefruit and musk to GIVESCENT Signature with hints of citrus and spicy vanilla.

Founded by yoga extraordinaire Elena Brower and her partner, Alexandra Lyon Perelman, GIVESCENT donates a portion of its proceeds to support women’s empowerment groups such as Women for Women International. Women for Women International supports female survivors of war as they transition from a life of crisis and poverty to a life full of stability and self-sufficiency.

Aveda

Born in 1978, eco-conscious brand Aveda has always been a pioneer of holistic beauty and a champion of environmental responsibility. Aveda’s founder, Horst Rechelbacher was inspired to start the brand after attending a retreat in India, where he was exposed to the ancient practice of Ayurveda.

From shampoo and conditioner to leave-in treatments and hair aroma, Aveda products mix pure flower and plant essences with other organic ingredients to pamper your hair.

As Rechelbacher eloquently says: “Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.”

Thrive Causemetics

Thrive Causemetics’s philosophy is simple: beauty goes deeper than the skin. For every product that you purchase, Thrive Causemetics will donate one to empower a woman who has experienced cancer or domestic violence. The beauty brand was founded after makeup artist, Karissa Bodnar, lost her friend Kristy to cancer at a young age.

Through collaboration with Giving Partners, Thrive Causemetics’ Beauty With A Purpose program provides empowerment trainings and services. Thrive Causemetic products are distributed around the globe to women going through cancer treatment at hospitals.

Bodnar travels the world to find quality ingredients with skin-loving properties. All Thrive Causemetics products are vegan and 100% cruelty-free.

Be sure to shop these four beauty brands totally guilt-free while supporting some amazing social causes.

Shaye DiPasquale is a creative content creator, student journalist and self-described activist and advocate for human rights
Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.