10 Online Stores for Cheap, Trendy Clothes While Stuck on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

As a full-time college student stuck on campus throughout all seasons of the year, you probably revert to sweatpants, sweatshirts, leggings, t-shirts, slippers and, dare I say, sandals with socks. Beauty is sacrificed for comfort as we walk class to class and slump over our textbooks. Formal wear on college students is as rare as a free textbook. Most students don’t even bring their formal wear to campus with them, viewing it as unnecessary. But, then, adulthood knocks on your door and pulls you in the second the semester starts, and now you’re off to field work, internships, formal dinners and job interviews with nothing to wear.

When you’re stuck on campus with nothing to wear, the perfect clothes, shoes and accessories are just a click away. Check out this list of ten online clothing sites, and get your perfect outfit delivered straight to your campus mailbox.

1. Ellos

A very size-inclusive website that sends tons of coupon codes once you sign up for the email list. Ellos offers trendy clothes for all styles and types of women.

2. Cotton On

Well known for their huge savings, Cotton On has such a variety, from workout clothes to formal wear. They even have a brand section, called Typo, for items like technology and arts and crafts. And best of all, everything is extremely cheap.

3. One Loved Babe

This site is The clothes on this site are made with a woman’s body in mind. One Loved Babe’s loose, stylish clothes that are both chic and comfortable for the lifestyle of a college student. They also sell equally affordable clothes for plus-sized women.

4. Saved By the Dress

This site is the perfect mixture between formal and casual wear, displaying clothes fancy enough to be worn to prom, and also items that are fitting for class or studying. Combine anything on their site with their accessories or shoes, and it can easily fit any occasion.

5. Lulus

A This site that does the thinking for you: Lulus organizes its sales items into categories for you, so you just have to choose what you’re shopping for, and they find what’s your best fit.

6. 6PM

Any girl that goes mad for accessories will love 6 PM, because they have tons of brands for bags, sunglasses, shoes, hats, belts and more. Their workout clothes are perfect for class to class festivities, but they of course offer dresses and business casual galore.

7. JustFab

Another size-inclusive site that partners with other companies to expand their athletic wear and shoe collections. JustFab knows all body types, and can dress them for any event.

8. Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH

This site is big on designer names, so anyone who is a fan of celebrity designers would love Saks Off 5th . As long as you know what you need to buy, whether it’s jeans, dresses, coach bags or a suit, just select a category and the site will find you tons of matches.

9. Cato Fashions

This site is perfect for anyone that needs help in styling themselves, whether it be a really important outfit you don’t know how to assemble, or just a lost cause. Cato Fashions match colors and styles in their Looks We Love tab, or just browse their size friendly site for your own outfit assembling.

10. Tobi

This site is perfect for that event you want to go to, but have no idea what you want to wear. All of their tops, bottoms, dresses and accessories are organized by style and category, so just browse through their drop-down menus until you find the perfect thing. They also organize general clothes into styles, like back to school, little black dress or everyday basics.

Jennifer Davenport

Elizabethtown '21

Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus club at Elizabethtown College. Jennifer is part of the Class of 2021, and she's a middle level English education major, with a creative writing minor. Her hobbies include volunteering, watching YouTube for way too many hours, and posting memes on her Instagram. She was raised in New Jersey, lives in New York, and goes to college in Pennsylvania, so she's ruined 3 of America's 50 states. She's an advocate for mental health, LGBT+ rights, and educational reform.
Kristen Wade

Elizabethtown '19

Kristen Wade is a senior Communications major with a concentration in PR and a minor in Graphic Design at Elizabethtown College. Kristen loves hiking, shopping, and baking. After graduation, Kristen hopes to work in digital marketing.