This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

When I ran home to Phi Mu on bid day, I had no idea what I was getting into.  I was nervous, I hardly knew anyone, and I didn’t know anything about being in a sorority.  I was more on the quiet side during my two months in Phi Mu.  I was learning the ropes and getting to know each of my sisters day by day.  Before joining a sorority, I never really voiced my opinion.  I never stood up for myself, I kept my opinions to a minimum, and I wasn’t ever very confident. 

I fell in love with Phi Mu because it brought out a motivation in me that I had never seen before.  It’s taught me how to bring out the best in myself and seek out to accomplish every goal.  It not only pushes me to do better in school, it makes me want to do better, because Phi Mu teaches me to always be the greatest version of myself.

Phi Mu has taught me to shoot for my highest goals and not to settle for anything less.  It teaches me to work hard for what I want, and give back to people who aren’t as blessed as I am.  Phi Mu not only gives me a confidence to go out of my comfort zone, it also gives me the confidence to take leadership roles and express my opinions. 

Being able to share such a special bond with such a special group of women has taught me to always love those around me and appreciate the moments you have with them.  It’s taught me how to work as one and accomplish goals as a team. 

That’s the beauty of Greek life and sisterhood, you always have a group of amazing women to back you up and lift you to your highest potential.  I fell in love with Phi Mu because I have seen myself grow into someone I am proud of; someone who I don’t mind bragging about and saying, “Yes, I did accomplish that,” with 100% confidence. 

It’s the best choice I’ve ever made, and I can’t wait for Phi Mu to continue to help me grow into the greatest person I can possibly be.  

New Jersey raised, North Carolina crazed Oh, and I like Chipotle