Top 5 Thoughts you have while watching One Tree Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

1. Why couldn’t I have been friends with Brooke Davis in High School?

Brooke was a high school bad ass. She was the girl you would have 100% wanted to be friends with in high school.  While Brooke had her fair share of “not so good” moments, she became one of the characters who completely turned her life around in such a short time.  When her teachers told her she couldn’t get to college, she became the Student Council President.  When a boy broke her heart, she created a fashion empire. Brooke clearly did something right, because for most of my high school career I remember binge watching Netflix and eating cookie dough ice cream out of my own half pint. 

2. Hayley and Nathan are so damn perfect…

What are the odds of finding your perfect soul mate in high school?  I could hardly even find a boy to take me to prom.  Nathan and Hayley are the power couple, the one everyone I’m sure is jealous of.   From the moment Nathan gave Hayley the bracelet out of his Cracker Jack box, I was hooked.  Don’t worry Hayley, I think every girl would have made the same decision and married him as soon as possible, too.

3. Dang… Peyton’s life is just a never ending series of unfortunate events…

I mean… let’s be real.  Whose life is actually unluckier than Peyton Sawyers?  Between the creepy stalkers, her high school boyfriend, drug encounters and school shootings, nothing can ever go her way.  Poor girl, does it ever get easier?

4. Ew Dan Scott, can they just be done with you? You’re pretty much just evil.

If there’s one person I can’t stand, it’s Dan Scott.  There are only a handful of times in the show where you genuinely feel bad for him, and then your mind always floats back to his brother, Keith Scott, and you hate Dan all over again. He’s manipulative, spiteful, and just plain rude.  But, even I have to admit.. the finale of One Tree Hill did break my heart no matter how much I wanted to feel nothing.

5. JAMIE SCOTT. CAN JAMIE SCOTT JUST BE MY CHILD.

Holy. Crap.  Jamie Scott is just about the cutest kid to ever walk the Earth. He is the smartest, most genuine little boy I have ever come across.  He gives Nathan better advice than I could come up with.  His sassiness to Skills is to die for.  His relationship with Brooke? HEART WARMING. I could just pinch his cheeks every time I think of him. 

New Jersey raised, North Carolina crazed Oh, and I like Chipotle
Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.