Top 5 Popular Costumes of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Shout out to all those who are still recovering from last weekend. I would say it was a successful Halloween this year, no buses turned over and no concussions from getting hit with stop signs. Halloweek is always one of ECU’s proudest moments of the year, except for football games (which we dont have much celebrating going on this year..). After an eventful week out, I noticed there were several popular costumes this year, that are all both adorable and easy to do.  Thank you Pinterest for all of your perfectly attainable inspirations.

1. The Alien: Comfy and cute, those two top buns and a little bit of face make up went a long way to form an out of this world costume idea.

2. The Mermaid: I wonder how many fish net tights were bought this year just for make up purposes?

3. Tits Out For Harambe: Enough said… haha!

4. Workout Barbie: Getting rowdy with Barbie.

5. Skull: Some talented makeup skills came out this halloween all over Greenville.

Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.