Staff Spotlight: Meet Reilly Jackson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Name: Reilly Jackson
HC Position: Blogger 
Year: Junior
Greek Affiliation: Alpha Xi Delta 
Major: Communications 

What made you want to get involved in Her Campus ECU?
I have always loved to write. Specifically just writing down what I’m thinking in that moment.  I have this mild obsession with Carrie Bradshaw and getting to write for Her Campus gives me the slightest bit of hope that one day I can be at least a tenth as fabulous as she is. 

What have you enjoyed about it?
The response.  A lot of my friends from home didn’t even know that I wrote.  So having them encourage me and having such a positive feedback has been really heartwarming.  

What are some of your aspirations and passions?
I love my family more than anything.  I know that that is such a cliche but I am constantly calling either my mom, or one of my sisters just to talk.  I definitely couldn’t have made it through school without them.  I also have this random passion for hockey. I love how fast-pace the sport is. GO PENS! 

What is your dream job?
To work in a PR firm dealing with some professional sport.

What is your favorite part about being a student at ECU?
The people I have met are so genuine.  I love that I can walk anywhere on campus and see someone that I know. 

Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.