This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

PSA: This is a public thank you to all of those men out there who are doing right by the man bun.

• NOTE: THIS IS NOT REFERRING TO THE SHAVED SIDES WITH THAT LITTLE PONYTAIL ON THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD… YOU DO NOT QUALIFY; WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE REAL MAN BUN. SORRY. 

Dear my Man-Bun men,

This is a special thanks just to you. We all just need to take a moment to thank the men who have adopted this style, and gracing the world with their hair. Let’s make it known that this is not an obsession… it is simply an admiration. With that being said, let’s take it all the way back to the original trendsetter and give credit where it is completely and entirely due. I think it is safe to say that the all the ladies of world would like to give a shout out to the OG himself… TY Buddha! You have truely inspired a beautiful trend.

The appreciation for you fellas is real, no doubt!  We ladies understand the dedication you have to grow your hair out that long.  We acknowledge your trendiness and messiness all at the same time, and again we thank you. We enjoy that little heart flutter that we get when we notice your bun. It’s a satisfying feeling that just can’t be explained. Your public service is greatly valued. One intelligent human quoted “The higher the hair, the closer to Jesus” and we enforce this to the last word so keep it going. But again thank you and keep that bun high.

Sincerely,A Fellow Man-bun Aficionado 

Hi, I'm Reilly and I attend East Carolina University. I'm a Communications major with a focus on Public Relations. I aspire to be like Carrie Bradshaw... So here I am.
Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.