My Reaction to the New ‘Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life’ Trailer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

As if the hype for ‘Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life’ couldn’t get more intense, netflix dropped their first trailer and it satisfys every element of a true fan’s expectations. Here’s hoping the actual four part series will meet the insane requests of all Gilmore Girls viewers. I think it’s safe to say Gilmore Girls is probably the most watched show on Netflix right now soley because we are all reminicscing on the fast and quirky dialogue and getting to know all the amazing characters of Stars Hollow.

Aside from the perfect representation of all the important characters, the scene at Friday night dinner and Richard’s giant portrait hit our heartstrings the hardest. The shows tribute to Edward Herrmann’s death, and hints of the trailer show that Richard’s character could also have passed away due to the funeral and the giant painting in his memory.

But honestly what we are all wanting know who Rory ends up with and also how Kirk possibly made it to Friday night dinner at Emily’s… All three major ex boyfriends are seen in the trailer, so that just leaves us all even more curious about the state of Rory’s love life. 28 days left until we can all enjoy the first part of Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.