Meet Allison Gamble: Panhellenic VP of Programming!!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

Name: Allison Gamble

Hometown: Asheboro, NC

Year: Senior

Major: Business with a concentration in Management

HC: What position do you hold on Panhellenic?

Vice President of Programming

HC: What made you want to hold a leadership position?

Allison: Since I was younger, I have always had a drive for holding leadership positions and being very involved. I really love staying busy and connecting with new people! It makes me so happy to plan events for our Panhellenic sororities and that I get to interact with everyone on a daily basis.

HC: What made you want to become Vice President of Programming of Panhellenic?

Allison: It’s so funny because I actually applied for every positon on the Executive Board, but did not interview for Vice President of Programming. However, when the former VP of Programming called me after final interviews asking if I would accept the position, I knew that it was the right fit for me and all in His plans. Everything definitely happens for a reason!

HC: How do you like your role as Vice President of Programming?

Allison: It can be really difficult at times, but I would not change having this honor and opportunity for anything in the world. I love our Exec board because we are such a close-knit group and always have fun together. We push each other to try new things and work together very well.

HC: Other than your sorority, what else are you involved in on campus?

Allison: I am also a Campus Manager and Live Sales Coordinator for University Tees! This is hands down the best job ever and I love working with all my awesome clients. Because let’s be real, who doesn’t love t-shirts?

HC: What’s your favorite thing about ECU?

Allison: Wow this is such a difficult question because I fell in love with ECU when I transferred here my Sophomore year. Tailgating and football games are probably my favorite part of going to school here, because I get to spend quality time with my family, friends, and sorority sisters cheering on our pirates on the field. I am so sad this is my last football season coming up this Fall, but I will definitely be back for more games!

HC: What’s your favorite part about Greek life at ECU?

Allison: I love that everyone is so willing to help during a time of need. Greek life here is so special to my heart and I have met so many kind, talented, and smart people in the past three years that I will carry with me into the future.

HC: If you had any advice for a younger member hoping to get involved in a leadership position within their chapter or Panhellenic, what would it be?

Allison: Interact with people inside and outside of your chapter and always be willing to help! Take opportunities when they present themselves and always be excited and positive to do them. I am so glad I have held two major positions during my time here in Greek Life and I always tell my younger friends to make the most of these opportunities presented. You never know what could come out of them!

New Jersey raised, North Carolina crazed Oh, and I like Chipotle