How to help after the Las Vegas shooting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

After the mass shooting in Las Vegas this past weekend, which killed 59 people dead and left about 500 others injured there are many people wondering how they can help when they don’t live in the immediate area…

The answer to that would be, donate money.

Maren Morris wrote a song years ago titled “Dear Hate” and recorded last year with Vince Gill, but had been waiting for the right time to release it. She decided there wouldn’t be a right time and released it after the Las Vegas shooting. All of the proceeds from the song will go to the Music City Cares Fund which was established on Monday to raise money for the victims.

Also, the National Compassion Fund will donate 100% proceeds to the Las Vegas victims. You can go to their website, here. Or text Vegas to 20222 to donate $10. 

There are many victims who will need financial help immediately and long-term so buy the song, donate money and help out any way you can. We are Americans and we come together in times of affliction and help one another out. Be the good and light in today. 

Senior at East Carolina University, Communication major with a concentration in Journalism Lover of Jesus, coffee and good books.