The Best Looks of Met Gala 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

The annual Met Gala has come and gone. The Met gala is a fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute. This years theme was Comme des Garçons which is a collection created by designer Rei Kawakubo. Comme des Garçons is very avant-garde and may seem strange at first glance. The only let down was that the Kardashians/Jenners looked pretty basic. Sigh. Anyway, here are some of my favorite looks from the 2017 Met Gala.

Ashley Graham

The “plus size” model looked so gorgeous in this gown. Does this remind anybody of the dancing girl emoji? I think that’s what she was going for.

Nicki Minaj

RA RA LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON! I like that this looks like a robe and I just realized her belt has a head on it. I feel like this is something Nicki would wear in a music video.

Kerry Washington

Olivia Pope has arrived. This dress was made for Kerry Washington. She looks so glamarous with her little bob. I like that the accesories were kept to the minimum because you can really admire the details in the dress.

Lupita Nyong’o

This color looks so gorgeous against her skin. Though Lupita can rock anything, I think bright colors look so amazing on her dark skin. She’s flawless.

Zendaya

Oh My God. I’m honestly so shook from this dress. I love the yellow and the parrots are really cool and different. Also Zendaya’s hair looks so good.

Rihanna

Rihanna is the QUEEN. This “dress” is so weird but I LOVE IT. The shoes, the makeup, the hair. Everything is on point. SLAY MY LIFE.

I hope you enjoyed my unfiltered commentary. I can’t wait to see next year’s looks. Have a great summer!

Chloe Lanham is a Communication Studies major with a concentration in Public Advocacy and a minor in Journalism at UNC Charlotte. She has three cats and a yearning to serve under-represented peoples. Lanham has written for the ECU newspaper and the ECU chapter of Her Campus.