5 Ways to Prepare for ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

The hype that has been happening for the past two years, or the past 15 years really, about Harry Potter and this idea of a prequel. I have faith that J.K. Rowlings first screenplay debut will not disappoint, and I am so excited to see what takes place in the 1920’s Wizarding World. I have been preparing for this weekend way too long and there are a few steps that I know for sure that I will have to take before I sit down in the theater.

Gather Your Fan Gear

For those of you who are going about this weekend the same way you would’ve any other Harry Potter Premiere weekend, then we all know that you’re taking those tshirts and costumes out of the closet. Even though we all know you wear them way more often than you admit. Even though classic characters like Ron, Harry, and Hermione won’t be present on the big screen, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see them in the audience.

Harry Potter Marathon

Eight movies, watching each one just gets us closer to the new one. Potterheads have 5 more movies to look forward to. But this one will be a complete surprise to viewers everywhere considering we don’t have a book series to follow. Thank you J.K Rowling for giving us another reason to binge watch other than our depression that Harry’s story has ended.

Story Time

Even though this movie series doesn’t have books to go along with it, Rowling did grace us with some small story books, such as Quidditch Through the Ages, Tales of Beedle the Bard, and Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I have a feeling reading these might give us at least a little bit of insight about what we might see in these movies to come.

Make Butterbeer

This is possibly the best way to put yourself in the feels for a new Wizarding World storyline for us all to obsess over. I wonder if I can sneak an entire cauldron of this in the movie theater?

Watch Interviews with Eddie

I’m not sure about all of you, but Eddie Redmayne is one of my favorite actors. I have been watching countless interviews with him since this movie announcement was released. I seriously believe with his personality, he was born to be a wizard and a part of these films. I can’t believe he auditioned for a Weasley and didn’t get the part… But we’re all pretty thankful he didn’t play the Hobbit.

Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.