5 Things You Have to do in Disney World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

I love Disney World. I’ve been twice already, and am currently planning my third and fourth trip. I have an obsession, but for me, Disney World really is the happiest place on earth. I live for when I get to drive up on the bus and see that gorgeous castle. My heart actually swells, and my eyes fill with tears (I’m lame, what can I say?). So I feel like I’m well equipped to give advice on what you MUST do when in Disney World.

1. Meet at least 1 princess

Roll your eyes all you want, you know you want a picture with Cinderella. Deep down, I know that she’s a paid actress, but Disney is a quality experience. You can abandon the idea that she’s a paid actress, and fully embrace that you have just met Cinderella. It’s honestly such a magical experience.

2. YOU HAVE TO GET A DOLE WHIP

If you go to Disney, and DO NOT get a dole whip, never speak to me again. I’m not being dramatic, I don’t care if you don’t like pineapple, you’re wrong and need help. How could one not get a dole whip when in Disney? Like the thought of even crossing the state line of Florida and not getting a dole whip is unacceptable to me. My favorite place to get a Dole Whip is the little hut by the Aladdin’s magic carpet ride.

3. Use your fast passes

It blows my mind that people would go to Disney without making fast pass reservations. Do you enjoy standing in lines for hours? I don’t. That’s why you have to use your fast passes! If you feel overwhelmed, hire a verified Disney Travel Agent! I used one from Marvelous Mouse Travels (Mrs. Donna!) and she is my actual life saver! I can’t imagine going without her help!

4. Hit the parks early

Disney isn’t a cheap vacation. It’s also a massive place. If you only hit the 4 major parks (not counting water parks or downtown Disney) you could spend multiple days in each. Be there when the park opens, it’s definitely worth it! Make the most of your time in Disney!

5. Have fun, and don’t be afraid to deviate from the schedule!

I’m a planner. I love iteneraries and informational folders. However, it’s okay if you miss a fast pass. The world won’t stop spinning. Some of my best memories from Disney are from us deciding to take a break and go back to the hotel room and relax!