This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECSU chapter.

Long boots

While these have technically gone in and out of trend, I don’t think there has ever been a year that I have gone without wearing my favorite long black boots. Longer boots can be versatile especially if they are a neutral color like black, and they can be worn with pants, skirts, or dresses. I love that they can be dressed up or down and it adds an extra layer of warmth during fall and winter.

Blazers

In the past few years, blazers have become more than office wear and have been restyled for more casual wear. Lately, many brands have been playing around with the structure of blazers making them either edgy, unique, or casual. I think a basic blazer can be such a great staple for everyone’s closet!

Denim

I’ve loved seeing the comeback of denim. While the look of denim on denim can be very polarizing (even I question whether or not I like the look sometimes), I love seeing how creatively people style different denim pieces. I think it reflects the Y2K fashion trends and I kind of love that!

Sheer fabrics

From lace to tulle, or whatever sheer patterns, I love this trend! I love how much experimentation people have done with it in terms of layering. These pieces can transition from summer to fall pieces by layering them on top of other clothes. Fashion is all about having fun and that’s exactly what this trend is, fun!

My name is Stacey Addo and I'm the Campus Correspondent for HC at ECSU. I'm a senior at ECSU majoring in Communications. I oversee the chapter and love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion, and culture. Outside of Her Campus, I am the Arts and Entertainment editor for the campus lantern, cohost a radio show on campus, and am a part of Eastern Television. I've previously written for College Fashionistas about fashion and small businesses. Over the summer I was an intern for CT Public Radio as a radio talk show intern where I was able to produce episodes for multiple talk shows. Currently I'm a partner for HCxUlta writing articles about hair care. In my spare time I love fashion, watching reality shows and baking. In my free time I love to read and watch mysteries and my current favorite is Only Murders In the Building on Hulu. I also love to crochet!