This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECSU chapter.

If reading isn’t your thing, and you’re still looking for some entertainment for the Halloween season, look no further than this list of shows that are perfect for the spooky season.

Goosebumps

The popular book series that so many of us loved when we were kids is getting a series on Hulu! It follows a group of five high school students who’ve unleashed supernatural forces onto their town and now they have to work together to figure out a way to defeat them and save their town. The show premieres on Friday, Oct. 13.

The fall of the house of usher

‘The Fall of the House of Usher’ is a take on Edgar Allan Poe’s 1839 short story of the same name but with a twist while including references to Poe’s other works. The horror drama follows Roderick Usher, played by Bruce Greenwood, who is the CEO of a corrupt pharmaceutical company. He’s forced to face his past when each of his children begin to die in a mysterious and brutal manner. If this sounds interesting to you, the show comes out on Oct. 12 on Netflix!

Scream Queens

If you’re unfamiliar with ‘Scream Queens’, take a horror mystery and make it camp. The first season focuses on the sorority, Kappa Kappa Tau, at Wallace University led by Chanel Oberlin and her followers that she calls the Chanels. A 20 year old murder mystery reemerges as a serial killer dressed as the school’s Red Devil mascot begins targeting sorority members. The show combines horror, mystery, and humor, making it a show that many people either love or hate. If this sounds like it’s for you, the show is available on Hulu or Apple TV+.

American Horror story

The twelfth season of ‘American Horror Story’ (AHS) is based on the thriller novel ‘Delicate Condition’ by Danielle Valentine. If you haven’t watched AHS’s past seasons, there’s no need to worry about it. After multiple failed IVF attempts, actress Anna Victoria Alcott wants nothing more than to have children. But as more buzz around her recent film grows, she’s afraid that something may be targeting her and her quest for motherhood. AHS is an anthology series meaning that all the seasons have a completely different story line so you don’t need to watch the seasons in order to understand what’s happening.

Only murders in the building

If you’re looking for a murder mystery that still feels lighthearted, this is the show for you! The first season follows three strangers, Mabel, Oliver, and Charles, who are all obsessed with true crime. They meet, after learning that they’re all obsessed with the same podcasts, and find themselves in the middle of a real life murder case. They decide to start their own podcast to solve the murder themselves. There are now three seasons of the show and it’s quickly become one of my favorite shows! The characters are lovable, the humor is great, and you can relax because you know at the end of the season, the killer will be caught.

Disney Halloween Episodes Marathon

Yes, this is not a show but instead a bunch of episodes. If you’re in the mood to relive your childhood, revisit the Halloween episodes from your favorite Disney Channel (or Nickelodeon shows). There’s so many shows to choose from so back and rewatch your favorites. It’ll definitely put you in a better mood!

My name is Stacey Addo and I'm the Campus Correspondent for HC at ECSU. I'm a senior at ECSU majoring in Communications. I oversee the chapter and love writing about beauty, entertainment, fashion, and culture. Outside of Her Campus, I am the Arts and Entertainment editor for the campus lantern, cohost a radio show on campus, and am a part of Eastern Television. I've previously written for College Fashionistas about fashion and small businesses. Over the summer I was an intern for CT Public Radio as a radio talk show intern where I was able to produce episodes for multiple talk shows. Currently I'm a partner for HCxUlta writing articles about hair care. In my spare time I love fashion, watching reality shows and baking. In my free time I love to read and watch mysteries and my current favorite is Only Murders In the Building on Hulu. I also love to crochet!