This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Wyeth Leemon

Hometown: Longmont, Colorado

Year: Freshman

Relationship Status: Taken

Why did you come to Eckerd College and how did you hear about it?

I came to eckerd mostly to play soccer but I heard about it from the book “40 schools that change lives”.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus and why?

My favorite thing to do on campus is either to just hang out on the soccer field or go exploring in the palm hammocks.

What are you majoring in and what profession do you want to do with that?

I’m majoring in international business and finance and I would love to work in spain for a professional soccer team.

What is your favorite part about being apart of the soccer team at EC?

I love the camaraderie within the team and being apart of such a close group of guys is great.

How long have you been playing soccer and what position do you play?

I have been playing since I was three and I play striker.

What do you think you’ve gained from being apart of a team?

I’ve gained the experience of how to successfully work in a group which I think will help me later in life in the workplace.

What places have you traveled to, to play soccer and what was your favorite place?

I have traveled to New Mexico, California, Arizona, Florida, London, England, and Madrid, Spain to play soccer.  My favorite place by far was Spain.

What did you do over spring break?

Over spring break I went back home to colorado to hang out with my family, friends and girlfriend.

What event are you most excited for during Springtopia and why?

I’m most excited for Kappa Carnival because I’ve heard that it is the most fun event of the entire year at Eckerd.

Do have any fun plans lined up for the summer yet?

This summer I am going to road trip back to colorado with a couple buddies. We are gonna go up the coast to DC and new york, then over to chicago, but other than that nothing else really.