What Your Mom Will Actually Want for Mother’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

The age old question, “What do you want for Mother’s Day?” never ceases to receive the same answer, “Oh I don’t need anything, except for time with my family.” Well, Mom, I’ve got some ideas of my own that I think may be worthy of your special day.

A Homemade Card

This one may seem a bit obvious, but a little time really goes a long way. I know from personal experience that the craft time card is always a home run. Try to incorporate some pictures, or funny memories that you’ve had with your mom!

A Picture Frame

I love pictures and picture frames! They make great gifts and you can change the pictures as you make more memories. Not everybody lies to receive things, but everyone loves to reflect on good times.

Bouquet of Flowers

You can never go wrong with some fresh flowers! Pick out a bunch of your mom’s favorite flower, or pick out the most colorful ones in the shop. The bright colors and fresh scents will be a great addition to the table and will make the house smell amazing.

Make Her Breakfast

Mom makes all the meals with love from the moment we are born, now its our turn to do the same. Make her favorite dinner, or create a breakfast spread for her to eat in bed! Either way, mom is the one making requests today.

Clean the House

Lets be honest, ladies. We were messy teenagers, and we are probably just as messy when we go home for a visit. All we want to do is relax and avoid any thoughts of school. Well, now is the time to return the favor. Do the dishes, make your bed, fold the laundry- mom doesn’t lift a finger. 

Wish your mom a Happy Mother’s Day, and make sure she knows how loved she is!

Reagan is a junior at Eckerd College who hopes to work in wildlife conservation ,and eventually become an environmental lawyer. She is majoring in Biology & Environmental Studies and minoring in Coastal Management and Sustainability. Some of her favorite things include hiking, spending time with her family, and any activity on the water.