This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Saturday Morning Market

Although it is coming towards the end of our semester I thought I would give a little bit of information about the awesome Saturday morning market in downtown St. Petersburg. It is one of my favorite parts about downtown and it has the best little things you could ask for. From crafts, to farm produce, to baked goods and food trucks. There is music and performances from your entertaining pleasures from local bands to our very own Tritones.

• For take home food: Bread Winners Bakery and Catering, Jay’s Marketplace, and REVA Foods.
  • For flowers: Mitch Armstrong Nursery selling exotic plants like bamboo of all sizes.
  • For crafts: Mark Noll Designs, ShockT Designs, Sassy Serving Designs, Tropical Glass Creations, and much more to fit all your needs,
  • Some fun food vendors are the salsa vendors who let you sample all their salsas (fair warning there is some hot ones!), the kettle corn that you have to buy the jumbo bag because of how much you’ll crave them, and everyone’s favorite is the smoothie place of course.
  • Some of the food trucks range from awesome tacos, to barbeque, to sausage sandwiches, and international foods you can’t get anywhere else.

All of this and more are available at the Saturday Morning Market until the end of May. Grab a few friends and pack up in a car to spend the morning there to get great gifts, knickknacks, and amazing food. All of which, if you’re on a budget, can obtain without a problem since a large majority of items are reasonable priced. Nonetheless, the majority of food items or meals can be purchased for less than $10. Some vendors also accept cards.

I love going with my friends, as it is a great way to get off campus, eat food that isn’t served on campus, and I was able to find some Christmas gifts for my friends and family as well. Plus the added bonus of always grabbing the jumbo bag of kettle corn before I leave for a great snack to nibble on throughout the week. It’s open from 9am-2pm every Saturday down by the soccer stadium, and Eckerd provides free van transport to those who don’t have a vehicle.