Richard Cruz-Sanchez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Graduation year: 2014
Major: Economics
Minor: Spanish
Hometown: Frederick, Maryland
Relationship status: Single

Three words to describe yourself: “Fun, smart, athletic.”

Activities and interests: “Baseball, hanging out, skiing.”

Favorite quote/words of wisdom: “If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything” -Malcolm X

Ideal date: “A picnic on the beach.”

Biggest turn on: “When girls are carefree and just want to have fun!”

Biggest turn off: “Self-centered girls.”

Deal-breaker: “Gauges.”

Celebrity crush: “Taylor Swift.”

Qualities you look for in a girl: “A good sense of humor, not superficial, athletic and kind.”

Favorite place on campus: “Kappa Field.”

Favorite movie: “Surf’s Up,” it’s a cartoon with surfing penguins.”

What superpower would you most want to have and why?: “I would want the ability to heal really quickly, like Wolverine. No one would realize you had a power so you wouldn’t even have to hide it. Plus he ages really slowly.”

Favorite childhood book: “Where the Wild Things Are”

If you could be any movie or TV character who would you be?: “I would be SpongeBob, he’s the man.”

Boxers or briefs: “All about the briefs.”

Some girls have all the fun; Devon Elizabeth Williams happens to be one of them. A carb loving, liberal hailing from Lakeville, Massachusetts, Devon is a senior at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida pursuing a  major in Political Science with a double minor in Journalism and International Relations. After spending January 2011 in an intensive Winter Term program at the United Nations in New York, Devon realized that taking over the world will be more difficult than anticipated, but nothing that a vivacious red head in stilettos can’t handle. In her free time Devon is a bartending beauty queen who has a soft spot for blueberry pie, Broadway and the scheming antics of Blair Waldorf. When she’s not paddle boarding at the waterfront or laying out on Eckerd’s private South Beach you can find Devon singing in the alto section of the concert choir. At the end of the day Devon is thankful for Newport, RI, her family, Sadie the black lab, Paul Mitchell, her girlfriends, Cheetah, and rhinestones.