This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Must Haves for Finals Week

Its that time of year again and finals week is just around the corner. I know it doesn’t feel like it is because of all the fun and amazing Springtopia events, but finals will come as a surprise. So there is a few tips I have here for you to get through finals and/or be prepared for them. 

• A major must have is a good study spot for yourself. It must include the atmosphere you feel comfortable in studying, the type of noise level you work best in, and a place you can be at for hours at a time without craving the urge to leave or get distracted.
  • Be careful on what you wear! I know you might want to look cute because you never know if that boy you’ve had your eye on will be there. Dress so you can be book smart cute and still grab his attention. Wear comfy pants, whether you’re a yoga pant girl, leggings, or shorts, as long as you can sit comfortably without having to fix your self a lot or worry about your pants falling you’re safe. Second on the wardrobe make sure your shirt is just as comfortable, I recommend a nice flowy shirt that isn’t tight that you can easily throw a jacket or sweatshirt on over. 
  • Third, keep hydrated! It does two wonderful things besides avoiding being thirsty. Staying hydrated helps keep headaches down or from happening and it gives you a nice mental break when you need to use the restroom. 
  • Fourth, have snacks near by! Especially fruits! They will keep your energy up and not cause a crash like chips or candy will. Plus make sure to give yourself time to eat an actual meal. It’ll help you in the long run!
  • Fifthly, a trick I learned from one of my psychology courses is that the best way to remember something is to relate back to something you used to study with it for. I will chew on mint gum and use flash carbs or a diagram and during the exam I will chew on mint gum and picture how I studied in my head and I usually can figure out the right answer if I am struggling.   

Otherwise do your very best on these exams whether you need to or not. Make sure not to stress out too much because it will cause you to not focus like you need to, and remember that taking breaks is a good thing mentally and for preparation for exams. Besides that have a great rest of the year and good luck on exams!