This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Morgan Crescent

By: Tia Hildebrandt

Not only is Morgan Crescent a star soccer goalkeeper, but she is also a rising wakeboarding champion.  As a junior at Eckerd, she is majoring in Business Administration while minoring in Leadership with a concentration in Sports Administration.  A great student academically, it is a wonder how she can also juggle other activities and clubs, such as soccer and wakeboarding, with her busy schedule. 

She started playing soccer at the age of 5, but she did not play goalkeeper until junior year of high school.  Crescent tells how she “loved the team aspect of the sport and how everyone on the team was needed.”  Her favorite soccer memory is from the win over Nova Southeastern during the second round of the conference tournament.  Recalling the day, she remembers “[the team] storming the field like we won a national championship.  It was the greatest feeling ever because we had made history.”  Crescent has been influenced by her favorite soccer player Megan Rapinoe and the USWNT. 

Even though Crescent is a major player of Eckerd’s soccer team, she is also recognized as being one of Eckerd’s best wake boarders.  Starting at the age of 11 she was drawn to the sport “because [she] loves extreme sports, adrenaline, and the fact that it was an individual sport.”  She told me how once she “went to a wakeboard tournament for the first time” she was “absolutely in awe over the talent the athletes had.”  Crescent knew from that day on that it was an activity that she wanted to pursue.  Her favorite wakeboarding memory was when she placed 1st in the Board-Up Miami tournament.  The tournament had included riders from the United States region and South American region.  Crescent reminiscences that “it was an incredible feeling and definitely something I will never forget.”  The best advice she ever received from a coach was given by one of her wakeboarding coaches.  They always told her, “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”  Looking at all of her achievements, it is clear that this advice has stuck with her and helped lead to her success.

Morgan Crescent is an important member of the Eckerd Community.  She has helped in leading Eckerd’s woman’s soccer team to many victories and has thus been an influential member of the team.  Crescent may not be known for the wakeboarding abilities, but it is clear that her success has not gone unnoticed.  We are glad that she still has at least one more year at Eckerd!