This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Hometown: Broomfield, Colorado

Major: double major in psychology and business management with minors in human development and leadership studies

HC: What has been most memorable about your time here at Eckerd?

AD: Studying abroad was an amazing experience. I went to New Castle, Australia, and stayed there for about six months. During that time I lived with a host family for a few months, which I made into an independent study for winter term. I got to solo-travel, travel with friends, and spend New Years under the Sydney Harbor Bridge, which was really cool. That whole experience abroad and then coming back to Eckerd made me appreciate Eckerd even more. I realized things that I took for granted before, like going down to South Beach to watch the sunset and going downtown.

HC: What is your favorite place in St. Petersburg?

AD: Honestly, I love Beach Drive. That was my first experience being in Downtown St. Pete and I just really enjoy walking around with my friends and going out to eat or getting gelato. But more importantly, I like petting all the dogs that go by.

HC: Is there anything you want to do before you graduate?

AD: To find a job more than anything. But while I’m here at Eckerd, I want to make the most of every day, see more sunsets, hang out on kappa field, and study but not take things too seriously. I want to remember things like jumping off the pier or running around with puppies on kappa field. I would also like to swim with manatees at Crystal River at some point.

HC: What’s your plan after Eckerd?

AD: I’m applying to graduate school this semester for January 2018. My dream school is the University of Queensland in Australia. If I get in I would like to work before I go back to Australia so that I can enjoy the lifestyle there.

HC: If you could wake up tomorrow in someone else’s body, who would you pick and what would you do?

AD: I would want to wake up as Beyoncé so I could wake up flawless. I would probably try singing and see if my voice is really that good. I would probably do something nice too— maybe visit sick children? Something that I can’t do now that would make someone’s day. I mean, if I showed up at a hospital as me nobody would care, but if Beyoncé showed up they would be really happy. Some people have more influence than others so I would want to use that to benefit people.

HC: If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you want to have seen?

AD: I’d love to see what the 1920s were like and to live there to witness that piece of history; I feel like things were just so different back them. I would love to go to speakeasies to dance and not have a care in the world. That’s just always intrigued me.

HC: Would you rather have a two-on-one with Nick from The Bachelor and Corrine, or go on a group date but not get time with Nick?

AD: I would rather go on the group date and not get time with Nick. First of all, I cannot stand Corrine, and second of all, you have a bigger risk of going home on a two-on-one. On the group date it would feel like less of a competition and he would still notice you. You would also have a good experience since the dates are always something fun. And honestly, the chances of finding a friend from The Bachelor are higher than finding love on The Bachelor.

HC: What are some fun facts about you?

AD: I’ve traveled to 14 countries and I’ve been able to call three countries home; I have an Irish passport and am considered an Irish citizen; I can wiggle my ears; and I’ve been horseback riding for 14 years now.

Alexis Giordano is a junior at Eckerd College where she is majoring in Psychology with a pre-health track. She became interested in physical rehabilitation when she experienced a neck injury as a child and is now planning on getting her masters for occupational therapy. She has gained communication and leadership skills throughout two main internships during her college career, and has developed a deep care for people. In the future, she hopes to work in the neonate intensive care unit as an occupational therapist and help parents effectively interact with their ill or premature babies while understanding the sensitivity of the situation.