This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Holiday Dessert Ideas

Cookie in a mug

Cookies are a Christmas snack staple. Usually children bake fresh cookies accompanied by a glass of milk for Santa when he visits their house.  This one-minute microwave cookie is quick, simple, and easy for anyone to make a delicious, warm, and personal cookie for Christmas time in your dorm room. Ingredients you will need include the following: 1 tablespoon unsalted melted butter, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar firmly packed, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, a dash of salt, 1 egg yolk, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, and a few tablespoons of chocolate chips. Mix all of your wet ingredients into your mug first then mix all of your dry ingredients and leave out the chocolate chips. Instead of mixing in the chocolate chips, fold them the mixture. Microwave on high for 40-50 seconds and enjoy!

Apple Pie Baked Apples

These cute mini apple pies are fun to make and they take regular apple pie to the next level! Ingredients you will need for the filling include: 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1 tablespoon warm water, ¼ cup chopped pecans, 1 teaspoon ground cinamon, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, ½ cup sugar, and 2 peeled granny smith apples. Other ingredients for the recipe include: 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon milk, 5 granny smith apples, and 1 pie crust. For the filling chop the apples into small cubes or chunks. Cook the apples with the cornstarch-water mixture and add all of the other ingredients into the pan. Allow the filling to cool down and thincken, and set it aside. Take the pie crust and cut it into 4 quarters. Cut the strips about ¼ inches in width. When you finish cutting the strips chill them while coring apples for your filling. Coring the apples is a bit of a challenge, so it would be best to use a knife to cut a circle a little but wider than the core of the apple and then use a spoon to remove the core and excess parts of the apple. After you finish coring the apple, add in the filling and then lay three dough strips across the top of the apple. Lay another two on top of those strips, weaving in and out of the dough. Then wisk your egg and milk together in a small bowl and dust a light layer on top of the strips. Bake the apple pies for about 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees ferinheight. The filling should be bubbly and the crust should be golden. As for a topping option, you can drizzle carmel on top as a delicious finishing touch to your little pies! For more detailed instructions for this recipe go to this link: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/09/12/apple-pie-baked-apples/

Fudge Crinkles

These frosted delights are sure to bring in the holiday cheer with their fun snowlike appearance. The ingredients you will need include: 1 box of devils food cake mix (Betty Crocker super moist suggested), ½ cup vegetable oil, 2 large eggs, and confectioners’ sugar. Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl. Shape the dough into 1½ inch balls and allow them to dry for a few minutes. Roll them in confection sugar and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the center is set. When the cookies are done, allow them to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes and enjoy!