The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Her Campus has come out with a new book with tips on getting through college. These tips range from relationship advice to health and safety to how to deal with classes and the stress associated college life. It is a great help book for all college students including upperclassmen not just freshmen. It is written by the amazing staff of Her Campus headquarters that want to help everyone get through college and having a blast while surviving. There is so much information in the book that is applicable to students here at Eckerd, so I highly recommend it. Here are some sneak peaks at what it has to offer for getting through school at Eckerd:

• One huge thing all students can relate to in any college, not just Eckerd, is drinking and partying. This book gives tips on how to stay safe while drinking and is a good reminder to students that we do, also, have medical amnesty if you do get a little too wild at a party. Some tips they give are: stay with a friend, watch your drink at all times, and help out those who look like they could use it. You may save their life. Also there are tips on if you’re looking to find a date for the evening and how to be safe about it. There is even a whole chapter that deals with sexual assault. 
  • Staying healthy is always a huge topic for students, as well. They have quick and easy recipes to make throughout the day that are even cheap to buy. The authors give you tips on how to stay healthy, even on a busy schedule that doesn’t give you anytime for working out at the gym by providing workout examples to use while you are studying for an exam. It even has self help  hotlines to call if you are practicing unhealthy behaviors. Also, there are tips on dealing with illness and how to get over the flu or mono.
  • Stress is a very big topic in students’ lives that can take a huge toll on them, whether it be school related or missing home. There are tips on how to de-stress during a stressful time, how to tell you’re pushing yourself too hard, and ways to to get through the tough times of feeling homesick or dealing with mental struggles. 

So those are just a few tips available in the book and if you want to learn more about any other topic like sexual health, how to get used to a roommate, finding jobs and internships, studying abroad, how to deal with relationships, and surviving classes, you can order the book or get more information at hercampus.com/book #HCbook