This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Easter Theme Nails

Looking for a way to spice up your nail game for Easter? Well, I have an easy tutorial now how to create your perfect nails for this colorful holiday.

Materials

The materials you will need are: nail polish remover, 1 nail art brush, and 5 nail polishes, 2 extra nail colors, and 1 nail polish top coat.

The nail colors I used were:  Sally Hanson miracle gel 180 ROSEY RIVITER, Sally Hanson miracle gel 450 GET MOD, H&M nail polish STARDUST, H&M nail polish MISTY LILAC, Covergirl outlast glosstinis 535 BLUE HAWAIIAN. 

Extra 2 Nail polishes were: Revlon nail art sun candy 450 LAVA FLAME, Revlon nail art sun candy 490 SUN FLOWER.

The nail art brush I used was the Sally Hanson 450 TOOL KIT: KIT D’OUTLIS detailer brush.

Step 1: Apply Base Coat Colors

In this step you will apply each nail polish onto each nail. The best result for achieving smooth and vivid color is to apply the first coat to each nail and move onto putting the first coat on the other nails. This should allow the nails to dry slightly on your fist hand, so then apply the second coat of the same nail polish on top. This method allows the nail polish to smoothly blend in for an even surface.

When deciding what colors to pick, select colors that fit the spring and eater theme. Colors like light pinks, blues, greens, yellows, and purples are great choices. The addition in the 2 extra nail colors is if you would like to make patterns on your nails, which would require a few extra colors different from your other nail polish colors. 

Step 2: Plan Your Designs

In this step it is important to plan out what images and designs you would like to draw onto your nails. I would usually practice my drawings by first with pencil or pen on a piece of paper, drawing what I want on my nail including the egg pattern designs. You can simply skip this step and begin drawing on your nail if you do not need to practice your designs.

Step 3: Draw Your Designs

Bunny Design

This bunny can be fairly easy to do, even for beginners, but it takes patience. Simply begin by steadily drawing a circle or semi-circle around the top half of the nail facing away from you. To make sure not to smear the paint, continuously dip the brush into the polish and dot the polish into the areas you like and move outwards allowing for the brush to settle it all together. For the ears, draw a slender oval on one of the top sides of the bunny’s head. You can do this for the other ear also, but it you want to have a bend ear, slowly draw somewhat thick line as tall as the other ear and move the paint outwards to the right and the top of the ear. After this, the first part of the bunny is complete. Allow the bunny to dry and move on to your other designs.

Cleaning your brush between use

Pour some nail polish into your nail polish cap or a small jar or cup and swirl your brush in the polish to rid it of the previous nail polish for your other designs. To dry the brush, simply drag it along a paper towel or piece of paper.

Easter Egg Design

This pattern much easier than the bunny and takes no time at all. Take a paint color from one of your extra nail polish colors and draw about two zig-zag patterns horizontally along the nail. With your other extra nail color place small dots in all of the free space around the zig-zag pattern.

Bunny Design Part 2

Take a light pick nail polish for the inside of the ears and nose and dip your brush into the paint. For the ear do short light strokes in a vertical motion, slightly doing the dip method from part 1. To complete the bend ear look do the same vertical strokes motion but place the nail polish as far right as the ear color goes, according to the polish color of the ear previously drawn. Try to make the pink polish extend from the top of the head to where the ear bends to the point where the ear bends.

Step 4: Apply Top Coat

This is the last and final step to make sure you lock in your beautiful designs and patterns. A top coat will ensure that you have lost lasting nails that will withstand chipping. Also, make sure all of your designs are completely dry otherwise your top coat may smear your designs and ruin all of your hard work. 

Happy Easter!