Danielle Buchanan: She’s Put Together and Colorful

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

What’s Your Number One Fashion Rule?

“My number one fashion rule is to not mix patterns. I would usually pick one pattern and use a solid color shirt or skirt to go with the pattern piece.”

How Would You Describe Your Style?

“My style is simple and put together but also colorful. I love every color and I like to incorporate it into my outfits. I also use jewelry to use color in my outfits like earrings or necklaces that give the extra pizzazz that excites the outfit. Also I love sparkles and glitter so whenever I can get out to wear my glittery flats or heels and my sequenced shirts it’s exciting.”

What’s Your Favorite Outfit?

“My favorite outfit is a pair of jeans and a lux quarter sleeve t-shirt from gap because it is simple, comfortable and cute. My favorite shirt like this is hot pink and I love how it just pops and stands out.

What Are Your Favorite Stores?

“My favorite stores are Gap, Jcrew sometimes Express, and Nordstrom’s is the best place for shoes, which my  mother and I both agree on.”

What’s Your Biggest Fashion Pet Peeve?

“My fashion pet peeve is when people wear shorts with tights. Shorts are designed for warm weather and shouldn’t be brought out during the winter. So wear pants or just put on a skirt.”

Some girls have all the fun; Devon Elizabeth Williams happens to be one of them. A carb loving, liberal hailing from Lakeville, Massachusetts, Devon is a senior at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida pursuing a  major in Political Science with a double minor in Journalism and International Relations. After spending January 2011 in an intensive Winter Term program at the United Nations in New York, Devon realized that taking over the world will be more difficult than anticipated, but nothing that a vivacious red head in stilettos can’t handle. In her free time Devon is a bartending beauty queen who has a soft spot for blueberry pie, Broadway and the scheming antics of Blair Waldorf. When she’s not paddle boarding at the waterfront or laying out on Eckerd’s private South Beach you can find Devon singing in the alto section of the concert choir. At the end of the day Devon is thankful for Newport, RI, her family, Sadie the black lab, Paul Mitchell, her girlfriends, Cheetah, and rhinestones.