alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Winter Term Crafts

Over the Winter break, I had a lot more time on my hands.  Which allowed me to do more things that I had been wanting to do; which in turn, lead to my Pinterest obsession.  I am willing to admit that I have a problem when it comes to Pinterest…like a real problem.  I will, however, get into more detail about Pinterest on a different post. 

For Winter Term I took a class called Local Wilderness Conservation, which was a lot of fun!  We went to a bunch of different local parks and did conservation work.  Like most people on campus for Winter Term, after all my work was caught up I had a lot of free time on my hands.  I was able to finish and start some crafts that I had been wanting to do!  I had a scarf that I had started working on last year, and I was able to finish it, which was also helpful, since it was pretty chilly during Winter Term. 

I was also able to finish making a little stuffed animal octopus that I had been meaning to finish since….FOREVER.  This is one of the things that I love about being on campus for Winter Term, I get to wind down a little and pick back up some things that I used to do all the time before going to college.  

To sum things up, my Winter Term was very productive and I thoroughly enjoyed the class that I took, and spending time outdoors.  If you like spending time outside, I would highly recommend taking Local Wilderness Conservation.  I said earlier how I became more addicted/obsessed with Pinterest, well it has inspired me to do a DIY/craft blog, so if you would like to learn something let me know and I’ll do a blog on it!