Campus Fashionisto: Taylor Leisher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

If I had to vote on who the friendliest person at Eckerd is, Taylor would definitely be in the top three. He is one of the kindest people at Eckerd–and he also happens to have a remarkable sense of style.

Taylor describes his style as simple but well made. He says it’s not how much it pops out at him but how it reflects the effort that was put in it. His favorite piece is his tan jacket and he takes every opportunity that arises in our Florida weather to wear it. He says he can wear it with pretty much everything and it looks good.

His favorite stores to shop in are Zara, Saks Fifth Avenue and Banana Republic. His favorite purchase? Jackets. He says he could buy a million jackets and never be satisfied and the same is true for scarves. Not exactly the best accessories for Florida weather, but essential for bundling up in the classrooms and dorm rooms.

However, his style favorites do reflect his favorite season to dress for, which is fall. Taylor says he loves Fall so much because it is cool enough to wear layers but warm enough to keep it simple.

Taylor’s number one fashion rule? Always wear something that you feel comfortable and confident in because no matter how good you look, if you are not confident it will show. When asked if he follows trends, Taylor admitted that if he sees a trend he likes he will participate but he does not dress for the sake of being trendy.

His fashion pet peeves are: “There is a difference between confident and sexy and looking like you just got off the street corner” and “when people dress to look like someone else.”

A Lilly loving, pearl wearing, history buff from Long Island, NY, Elizabeth Tomaselli is a Political Science and Journalism major minoring in Marine Science and Italian at Eckerd College. When she's not teaching aerobics and pilates or editing the school newspaper, you can find her hosting Gossip Girl premiere parties or tanning on the dock with her Beta girls. She is a self-professed pink lover with a striking ability to predict storylines in movies and TV shows. Aside from her adoration for Blair Waldorf and Jackie O, Liz enjoys playing tennis, dancing, and participating in family croquet tournaments at the little yellow house on Luther Place. Sometimes called the energizer bunny, she can function on little sleep, however, often requires coffee and Light & Fit yogurt to stay productive. With a big smile and curly brown hair, this senior plans to take over the world, one expensive shoe at a time.